Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old July 11, 2013, 09:53:05 AM

Default [SPOILER] CoroCoro Magazine Reveals New Pokemon and Characters

CoroCoro revealed a ton of new info on X and Y today including Pokémon, typing, new characters, new abilities, and new moves. (Note that the Pokémon names are NOT their English names)

Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro-2.jpg
Views:	815
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	5124
Pancham's evolution was revealed: Pangoro, which is a Dark/Fighting type and has Iron Fist for an ability. It is also able to use Hammer Arm

Name:	corocoro-3.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	5125
2 new squid Pokémon were revealed: Inkay and Malamar. They are both Dark/Psychic type Pokémon. They can have the abilities Contrary or Suction Cups and can use Hypnosis as well as a new Dark type move Topsy Turvy which reverses any stat changes.

Honedge also has No Guard for an ability.

Name:	corocoro-4.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	5126
Spritzee is a bird-like Perfume Pokémon that is a Fairy type. It has Healer for an ability and is able to use Aromatherapy. This Pokémon is also exclusive to Pokémon Y version.

Clauncher is exclusive to Pokémon X while Skrelp is exclusive to Pokémon Y.

The new professor was revealed to be Professor Sycamore. It is said that this professor will battle you every so often.

In addition, the antagonist team was revealed to be Team Flare. They wear flashy outfits and their goal is to only make money.

Name:	corocoro-5.jpg
Views:	791
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	5127
Swirlix is a new Fairy type that is a Cotton Candy Pokémon. It has Sweet Veil for an ability, which prevents ally Pokémon from falling asleep and is also able to use the new move Drain Kiss. This Pokémon is also exclusive to Pokémon X version.

Two new gym leaders were revealed: Clemont and Grant. Clemont has robotic arms while Grant is thought to be an athlete.

Name:	corocoro-1.jpg
Views:	780
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	5128
Xerneas' and Yveltal's types were revealed. Xerneas is going to be a pure Fairy type while Yveltal is going to be Dark/Flying. Their abilities were also revealed; Xerneas will have an ability called Fairy Aura while Yveltal will have an ability called Dark Aura (Kingdom Hearts reference?)

Source: PokéBeach

Last edited by Reuniclus; July 13, 2013 at 01:55:34 PM. Reason: English names were revealed!
Old July 11, 2013, 09:57:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
In addition, the antagonist team was revealed to be Team Flare (Flair?). They wear flashy outfits and their goal is to only make money.
I like this just as much as I like the news for the new pokemon. An antagonist team that simply cares for making money? Reminds me much of Team Rocket from the first gen games, so it hits me right in the nostalgia.
Old July 11, 2013, 10:10:53 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
They can have the abilities Contrary or Suction Cups and can use Hypnosis as well as a new Dark type move Turn Over which reverses any stat changes.
It reverses opponents' changes? If so, oh my god. That's...not nice. At all.

Last edited by Tarellethiel; July 11, 2013 at 10:13:32 AM.
Old July 11, 2013, 10:19:31 AM
Celebi

Anyway, I love them all, even the Cotton Candy. It's cute! I may have to use it's evolution as my Fairy Type if its evolution is cute and good as well.

Last edited by RotomGuy; July 11, 2013 at 10:21:42 AM.
Old July 11, 2013, 10:39:14 AM
Servine

o wo Cotton....must...have <3
Old July 11, 2013, 11:17:38 AM
Rayquaza

I'm really hoping Citron isn't an electric type gym leader, four games in a row is enough.

Hopefully Zakuro is the first Dark type gym leader.
Old July 11, 2013, 12:10:27 PM
Giratina

Team Flair/Flare reminds me of a mixture between Magma and Rocket D: And I love most of the new Pokemon besides Peropuff that one just looks dumb. And WHY IS XERNEAS FAIRY?!?!?!! FFFffff im done
Old July 11, 2013, 12:34:20 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
And WHY IS XERNEAS FAIRY?!?!?!! FFFffff im done
Fairies are divine, mystical beings. They represent the magic of nature. Xerneas appears to have some connection to nature given its constant appearance in a forest, and definitely looks magical given its rainbow antlers. Since Fairy was announced I figured Xerneas would be of the new type. I did think Yveltal would be Dragon though...

Fairies are more than just cute, winged creatures. I see the potential for some Fairies to be more magical-themed, such as perhaps a wizard-like pokémon (not Alakazam, like a human with a staff and such).

Last edited by Tarellethiel; July 11, 2013 at 12:36:49 PM.
Old July 11, 2013, 01:15:05 PM
Kyurem

Not bad, not bad at all. I'm loving all the designs, and though I wasn't expecting Xerneas to be Fairy-type or Yveltal to not be Dragon-type, it's a good reveal nonetheless.

Oh god...Turn Over...that's so EVIL!

Really liking the designs so far, though. Goronda looks awesome, and the squid Pokémon look pretty silly but Psychic/Dark is a nice touch instead of making it an obvious generic Water-type. Shushupu and Peropuff are freaking adorable. Really excited for what's coming next! But NO GRASS-TYPES WAAAAAH
Old July 11, 2013, 04:07:51 PM
Linoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassPokemonFTW View Post
Not bad, not bad at all. I'm loving all the designs, and though I wasn't expecting Xerneas to be Fairy-type or Yveltal to not be Dragon-type, it's a good reveal nonetheless.

Oh god...Turn Over...that's so EVIL!

Really liking the designs so far, though. Goronda looks awesome, and the squid Pokémon look pretty silly but Psychic/Dark is a nice touch instead of making it an obvious generic Water-type. Shushupu and Peropuff are freaking adorable. Really excited for what's coming next! But NO GRASS-TYPES WAAAAAH
Of course it's evil, it's a dark type move. I'm just thinking of horrible ways to use it right now...
Old July 12, 2013, 08:59:24 AM
Celebi

English names revealed along with a video: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/1...aders-revealed
Old July 12, 2013, 11:23:02 AM
Zoroark

I wonder if the rumor about Prof. Sycamore giving you one of the Kanto starters is true. Charizard has been shown in some of the trailers, which may mean that you can use Charizard in the main story with the alternative choices of Venusaur or Blastoise. That'd be pretty nice, I think I'd pick Squirtle in my 1st playthrough since I'm getting Fennekin in my Y, but what about the other starters from Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova? I guess we'll find out in good time.
Old July 12, 2013, 03:14:23 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun View Post
I wonder if the rumor about Prof. Sycamore giving you one of the Kanto starters is true. Charizard has been shown in some of the trailers, which may mean that you can use Charizard in the main story with the alternative choices of Venusaur or Blastoise. That'd be pretty nice, I think I'd pick Squirtle in my 1st playthrough since I'm getting Fennekin in my Y, but what about the other starters from Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova? I guess we'll find out in good time.
The rumor was that a second Professor would give you the Kanto starters. THe only reason why trailers have shown Charizard is because Ash is using his in the anime again and it's being promoted like crazy.
Old July 12, 2013, 05:33:42 PM
Regigigas

I did predict xerneus was gonna be fairy in a different thread. (Just sayin)
Old July 12, 2013, 05:47:08 PM

I'm willing to bet that Clemont is an Electric or Steel type gym leader while Grant could either be Fighting, Ground, or Rock. (He appearance suggests that he's a rock climber)
Old July 12, 2013, 06:28:11 PM
Rayquaza

I think Grant's name makes it pretty obvious he's a rock type gym leader.
Old July 12, 2013, 06:39:24 PM
Linoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
The rumor was that a second Professor would give you the Kanto starters. THe only reason why trailers have shown Charizard is because Ash is using his in the anime again and it's being promoted like crazy.
What? He is? I also heard a rumor that he saw his Butterfree again.
Old July 12, 2013, 06:57:08 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfbane5001 View Post
What? He is? I also heard a rumor that he saw his Butterfree again.
No that was just a crappy filler.
Old July 12, 2013, 08:26:23 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
The rumor was that a second Professor would give you the Kanto starters.
Yeah and the rumor was that the professor that gave you the Kanto starters was named Sycamore.
Old July 13, 2013, 03:26:21 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Yeah and the rumor was that the professor that gave you the Kanto starters was named Sycamore.
Still it doesn't make a lot of sence why one professor would give you two different sets of starters if there's more then one.

That is if he gives them out after Post Game like Birch in Emerald.

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 13, 2013 at 03:27:22 AM.
Old July 13, 2013, 08:04:39 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
\ \\

That is if he gives them out after Post Game like Birch in Emerald.
Yeah that's probably what it's gonna end up being if the rumor is true which it probably is. Maybe the guy got Patrice and Sycamore mixed up because he said the regional professor was Patrice and that Sycamore gave you the Gen 1 starters but now we know the regional professor is Sycamore, not Patrice. It'd still be cool to play through the main game with 2 starters form different regions though!
Old July 13, 2013, 01:55:32 PM
Floatzel

Earlier today I was struck by the thought that Malamar was similar to the illithids, or mind flayers, from Dungeons & Dragons. Because of that, as long as its stats aren't terrible, it's going on my team. Its new Dark move is a plus.
Old July 16, 2013, 07:01:30 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
THe only reason why trailers have shown Charizard is because Ash is using his in the anime again and it's being promoted like crazy.
Just a thought: What if they brought Charizard back to promote the gen 1 starters being in X and Y? They might've just brought Ash's Charizard back just to please the fanboys, but it's still not too Farfetch'd of an idea (ba dum tss)
Old September 9, 2013, 08:26:11 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Well whaddya know I was right!
Old February 20, 2014, 03:15:01 PM
Joltik

I love that crystal one, they all remind me of the familiars in Ni No Kuni! But they all seem like strange and possibly overpowered type combos...