Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 3, 2012, 05:28:50 AM
Giratina

Default Dedicated to Victory Road

It's almost hard to believe how quickly time flew by in the last five months, from the time I was last active on Victory Road. It's even harder to believe how much has happened since then, and how many changes have taken place. Yet, despite all that, I still managed to find my way back here.

Where do I start? From February onwards, I became too distracted with school work and Assistant Head Boy duties, only for the stress to heighten with being chosen as the Business Fair CEO. Immediately following February, I had little to no time to take a break, since my external IGCSE exams were just around the corner. I spent a gruelling three months studying in order to make up for whatever missing work I had, in the hopes of achieving the grades I've always aimed for. The mental and physical stress I went through during May and June, due to my exams, is now finally over. The fact that I finally graduated my three-year course in one of the most memorable days of my life - graduation day - feels like a huge relief. Even though the results are yet to be announced in August, I believe I did the best I could, and the rest is out of my hands.

Keeping this in mind, you now know the biggest reason behind my inactivity. I just didn't have any time to come here. However, this is not the only thing that has changed for me. As unfortunate as it is, I have come to realize that my overall interest in Pokémon has diminished over the last five months. Now, don't get me wrong: I still feel attached to Pokémon and will always do, but I'm afraid it will never be like before. I have missed out on all Pokémon-related news until recently, when I read everything about Pokémon Black and White 2. Interestingly, I feel very inclined to revisit my interest in Pokémon games by buying one of the sequels once they're released, perhaps as a conclusion to the franchise that has shaped my childhood and most of my teenage years.

I always knew that I wouldn't leave Victory Road before acknowledging the great times I spent on this place. Speaking with full honesty, I have gained so much more than just a platform to share my interests with others over here; from my involvement in projects like PokéNews and the Victory Road Gym League, I have learned many lessons and understood the ways of working with people in a way that no text book would've done. I've met some amazing members and built friendships that embody multiculturalism at its finest. As such, I would like to dedicate a massive thank you to every member out there who I've worked, chatted or got involved with in any way, no matter how casual. A lot of people say this, but I truly mean it: Victory Road has always been like a big family to me.

Frankly, at this point, I don't know what's going to happen to my activity. Even if I stop buying Pokémon games, you can rest assured that I will always be interested in occasionally visiting Victory Road and keeping up-to-date with the Pokémon news. The fact that I'm considering the purchase of Pokémon Black/White 2 will probably increase my activity on the forums, too, but I'm not sure if it will last long. After all, my choice to pursue the medicine route only means that I will have less time as the years go by. As such, I need time to decide whether I want to be involved in any current projects and responsibilities, assuming the choice is up to me any way.

If I decide to be active once more on a consistent basis (ignoring the time frame), this thread wouldn't have gone to waste since it carries a message I always wanted to put across, now or later. If I decide to 'leave' (and visit from time to time/whenever possible), I know I've said everything I wanted to say. I only hope I've done enough to leave a lasting impression.
Old July 3, 2012, 05:55:16 AM
Giratina

Awwwww Shadow! I really hope that you find time to come here often, visit us, maybe drop in on conversations on VRIM! I mean, I got excited just seeing that you posted And you dropped by at a good time- I mean THE VRGL IS BACK!!! I mean idk if you've been battling lately (Doubt it) but maybe you can get back into it and try out for a leader again! I always had a hard time battling you, but they were fun battles. Well, you definitely made an impression on me. Whenever I imagine your name "Shadow", I still think of it being that Green Moderator color of Global Mods.. Oh well, Semi-Welcome back?
Old July 3, 2012, 07:11:53 AM
Shaymin

(I cannot believe I read that whole thing *high fives himself*)
Thats really nice, I don't know if I will see you, due to the area's of this forum I go around. But maybe we will bump into each other But I am glad you are back. I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you. You were the gym leader I never had time for ;-; In retrospect I should have known you better so this would mean a little more to me. But still maybe if we meet in the Chat room we will become more acquainted. So until then... Over and out.
Old July 3, 2012, 08:17:33 AM
Giratina

Something I've noticed is Victory Road tends to stick with people. After just a small amount of activity on these forums can lead you to stay for a long time. It will stay in the deepest part of your mind when you are away from the site and crawl its way to the top of your mind at the most random of times. I noticed this when a lot of older users (whether they are good users or not) revisit VR and be active again.

I understand your situation Shadow. Just don't forget the real world is more important than VR (unless your Cat, Yoshi, or GreenMan). Just remember to visit us once in a while and let us know how you're doing.
Old July 9, 2012, 02:30:55 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Awwwww Shadow! I really hope that you find time to come here often, visit us, maybe drop in on conversations on VRIM! I mean, I got excited just seeing that you posted And you dropped by at a good time- I mean THE VRGL IS BACK!!! I mean idk if you've been battling lately (Doubt it) but maybe you can get back into it and try out for a leader again! I always had a hard time battling you, but they were fun battles. Well, you definitely made an impression on me. Whenever I imagine your name "Shadow", I still think of it being that Green Moderator color of Global Mods.. Oh well, Semi-Welcome back?
Your post just brought a smile to my face, so thanks a lot for that.
Active or not, and under my control or not, I will always be attached to the VRGL. After all, it was the one project I put the most effort into, in the hopes of bringing something enjoyable and different to VR. Your doubts are true: I do not battle competitively any more, but I'm still interested in remaining up-to-date with the current metagame. After all, who knows; I might return to it later on. Finally, I have a lot of trust in The Spirit of Time And AuraKshatriya, and I am confident that they will continue carrying the VRGL to impressive heights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
(I cannot believe I read that whole thing *high fives himself*)
Thats really nice, I don't know if I will see you, due to the area's of this forum I go around. But maybe we will bump into each other But I am glad you are back. I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you. You were the gym leader I never had time for ;-; In retrospect I should have known you better so this would mean a little more to me. But still maybe if we meet in the Chat room we will become more acquainted. So until then... Over and out.
*High fives for spending time to read the entire post*
Of course I remember you. I hope that we will bump into each other sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Something I've noticed is Victory Road tends to stick with people. After just a small amount of activity on these forums can lead you to stay for a long time. It will stay in the deepest part of your mind when you are away from the site and crawl its way to the top of your mind at the most random of times. I noticed this when a lot of older users (whether they are good users or not) revisit VR and be active again.

I understand your situation Shadow. Just don't forget the real world is more important than VR (unless your Cat, Yoshi, or GreenMan). Just remember to visit us once in a while and let us know how you're doing.
The first part of your post is completely true, and I'm glad it goes this way. As for the second part, I'm grateful that you understand and I will try to remain in touch as much as I can.

Last edited by Shadow; July 9, 2012 at 02:31:48 AM.