Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 23, 2011, 01:58:08 PM
Landorus

Default What is the meaning of life?

It is a frequently asked question, but what is the meaning of life? To acomplish somthing? To pass on you're genes? To pass on knowledge?

I need some awnsers because I don't know what to do if I don't know what life means

I'd like it to be creative. Go as far as you want with it. I just need to know what other people think.

And If a mod is closing the thread, I would be more than happy if they just said somthing random, like peanut butter.

Say what you want, but I belive life has no meaning
Old July 23, 2011, 02:00:59 PM
Giratina

Eat, mate, and die. The rest we have is just to stall the last one (Or the second one).

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; July 23, 2011 at 02:01:10 PM.
Old July 23, 2011, 02:29:33 PM
Landorus

Well, once we get past the whole "survival" thing, the big goal in life is to make life the best experience it can be for everyone, including those who don't exist yet.

So kids, don't eat your vegetables, because someone down in some third-world African Country is suffering from nutrient deficiency and could be snacking on that beautiful bloom of broccoli that you're selfishly taking for yourself, and you don't even need it half as much as he does. You disgust me.
Old July 23, 2011, 02:57:12 PM
Haxorus

42!!!

All silliness aside, I believe the meaning of life is different for all people when it comes down to specifics. For example, I believe that my meaning of life is to bring music into peoples' lives whether it be through performing on stage, teaching, etc.

Less specific, I believe the meaning of life is for everyone to use their talents and skills to better the lives of everyone around them.
Old July 23, 2011, 03:00:48 PM
Giratina

I think people should just live life to the fullest.
Old August 4, 2011, 09:07:54 AM
Mudkip

Default Mistys Opinion On Life

Life is a scary but very precious thing to have. I don't think there is anything hugely complicated about it. What is complicated? Humans. We're so very different from other known creatures. Our emotions, actions, conditions and so on. My sayings that I personally go by in life are; "treat others as you want to be treated" and "what goes around comes around".

I'm not a religious person though I understand that my first life saying can be taken as a quote in such a way. However, it's simply common sense. If you smile at someone in the street, wave, or even laugh out of joy... Is it not contagious? Does it not spread? If someone holds the door open for another, most say thank you. I mean, that's life. You show manners and some respect then most follow. Not everyone, but most.

I think the meaning of life... doesn't have one answer.
We, in our own special ways, are our own God.

We set our own paths. Weither we mean to or not.
I mean, I'm not saying there is or isn't a God. I ain't got a clue till I die!
But... We have free will. And a mind. We make choices. We affect others.
We can change each others lifes and personalities. Y'know?

We are all here for different reasons. There is not one answer.

At least, that's how I see life.

Last edited by Misty; August 4, 2011 at 09:10:07 AM.
Old August 4, 2011, 09:19:12 AM
Giratina

Well, there are multiple meanings to life, survival being one, and living life to the fullest (well said, Phantom). But there is also religion. Religion is the spiritual part of life while the previous 2 things I mentioned are physical. Religion, though, is essentially what you believe in as a god and where you will go after you die - the afterlife.

So, for example, let's look at my life. First, they physical aspects. I can survive easily, I have a big house with food and drink being plentiful. As for living life to the fullest, I have friends, I have a computer, and I'm going to school so that I can try to get the best job that I can to obtain money for my future family, etc. The physical part of life is easy enough to get to a point where it goes along smoothly as long as you're born into the right family.

Now, the spiritual part, religion. It's all up to choice here. I myself am a Lutheran Christian, so my belief is that God created the world and those who believe in him will go to heaven forever when they die, because he sacrificed Jesus (his son) for us. There is also another goal/purpose to life in this religion, which is to let as many people as you can know about God. And of course there are many religions, so it's up to choice, but people will always try to persuade you do do something different.

TL;DR version - Life has a physical aspect (survival/living life to the fullest) and spiritual (religion).
Old August 4, 2011, 11:40:42 AM
Shaymin

Towels are the most useful thing an intergalactic hitchhiker can carry around with them at all times. Also, the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is the most delicious alcoholic beverage in the galaxy, and the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy will even give you instructions on how to brew your own, so I suggest you pick up a copy right away.

...It was the only other thing I could think of besides the overused 42 joke (which no one will really understand until they even read the damn books)

Also

Last edited by LiteTheIronMan; August 4, 2011 at 11:41:02 AM. Reason: It's like the squirt bottle we use with the cat.
Old August 4, 2011, 08:41:22 PM
Giratina

Well, I now know that its not about love...
Old August 5, 2011, 05:52:00 AM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Well, I now know that its not about love...
But love = mating and the ultimate goal in life is to have around two children to pass your genes onto.
Old August 5, 2011, 06:02:53 AM
Giratina

Not for me... </3
Old August 5, 2011, 03:59:36 PM
Mudkip

What about the purpose of those who cannot have children? ):
Old August 5, 2011, 04:06:27 PM
Giratina

None i guess... *Cries*
Old August 6, 2011, 09:07:48 AM
Mudkip

I still think everyone has a different purpose.

Maybe most of us function the same. Making us the species that we are.
But purpose? No, I think a purpose is something much more.
Old August 6, 2011, 09:11:00 PM
Shaymin

Your life is defined by what you do with it. I want my life to have an impact on the lives of others so that I can be remembered upon my passing. If I can achieve that then I've truly achieved immortality.