Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 11, 2011, 11:29:48 AM
Administrator

Default September 11 Decennial

I'd like to ask folks to take a moment of remembrance to honor those who died ten years ago in the attacks of the World Trade Center in New York City. Who here still remembers where he/she was on that day?

I still remember being in elementary school, thinking it'd be another casual day. We received a shocking announcement over the intercom and turned on the TV to see the second tower get destroyed. The whole school had a gathering in the field where we all stood in a circle while the principal stood in the center with a megaphone, and we all recited the Pledge of Allegiance.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 11, 2011 at 11:36:07 AM.
Old September 11, 2011, 11:40:41 AM
Zoroark

I think I was three,and I just learned spelling. :O

I was at home,and my family was just shocked when they saw it on the TV.I also heard that the Security Level in VIE(Vienna Airport) was higher then normal.

EDIT: Forget the spelling part.I spoke crap.

Last edited by TheTreecko; September 12, 2011 at 03:36:52 AM.
Old September 11, 2011, 11:47:43 AM
Kyurem

I can't exactly remember where I was during 9/11, but I was certainly too young to comprehend what was going on at the time. I remember just sitting on the couch with my parents and brother as we watched the breaking news report from NY.
Old September 11, 2011, 12:17:05 PM
Haxorus

I was in second grade at the time. I was also living in Italy. That school day had been pretty normal (it was still way early in the morning in NY). We were sent on the long bus ride home, around 45 minutes. I think it was on the bus when the attacks started happening, I'm not too sure.

After I got off the bus, I walked to my house with my mom, and she sat on the couch and watched the news. I had no clue what was happening, only that a plane crashed into a building.

I do remember that I was angry for two reasons. One, my parents kept hogging the TV. And two, if they had to hog the TV, couldn't they pick a better channel than the "Airplane-crashing-into-a-building Channel?" And they left it on all day. Keep in mind that I was seven years old nowhere near the attacks with nobody at school talking about it that day. I was a typical seven year old who wanted to watch his after school cartoons, have a snack, and do my homework.

There has always been a part of me that wishes I had been a part of all the commotion here in the States on 9/11. Then there's the other part that is thankful that I didn't have to go through that commotion, who knows what it would have done to me?

In the end, I never had as much of an understanding of what happened that day, nor did I experience any of the emotions that everyone else felt.
Old September 11, 2011, 05:44:12 PM
Giratina

1st grade, don't remember much besides going out of school early and watching the news all day. And my mom works for the news so she didn't get home until real late I think.
Old September 12, 2011, 06:32:26 AM
Rayquaza

I was 6 at that time, so pretty much young. Since my dad is the one who doesn't leave news for a second, it was on all the time. I remember that day I missed watching Pokémon, but I had complete understanding of what was going on.
Old September 12, 2011, 07:03:05 AM
Giratina

I can hardly remember where I was when the attacks took place, but I do remember hearing something about a plane crashing into a tall building in the USA back then, causing many people to die. My parents (and pretty much all of my adult relatives) were absorbed in the news that day and they couldn't believe what happened, but because I was 7 years old, I did not really understand the seriousness of the incident until now.

Last edited by Shadow; September 12, 2011 at 07:04:48 AM.
Old September 12, 2011, 10:15:22 AM

I kinda remember that day, I was only 6 years old, and I was at home with my mom since I was sick that day and didn't go to school. I was laying down watching cartoons when I heard my mom yell, I was curious so I got up and went into my mom's room. She had a hand over her mouth, but I wasn't sure what she was so frightened about. I tried to peak my head to see what she was watching that was making her so scared, but she noticed me in her room and quickly covered my eyes and told me to "not look at the tv honey, it's too scary!"

She tried to keep me blissfully unaware of what had happened for the rest of the day, but when my dad got home later that day, he let me watch the news to see what the commotion was about. He simply told me "Evil people attacked us." I never fully understood what had happened in regards to the plane hijackings until I was 7 or 8.

Last edited by Cyrus; September 12, 2011 at 10:15:51 AM.
Old September 14, 2011, 04:44:21 PM
Servine

That day I woke up to find that, strangely, my mom was watching TV rather than the usual morning routine of making breakfast, getting my brother's and sister's school uniforms, etc. I didn't really care though, and I got ready for school.

When I got to school, the teacher gave us a long an important talk on what had happened that morning, and we were all like, omg , but I was an ignorant little kid then and thought terrorist attacks on the United States were common. Once I got home, I got to see the footage of the planes hitting the towers and the aftermath of the other two fatal flights. Jesus, I couldn't stop watching it. It was surreal.
Old September 14, 2011, 06:32:43 PM
Haxorus

I was 3 I belive, and my dad saftly got out of tower 1 from the 21st floor