Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 6, 2011, 12:17:58 AM
Regigigas

Default ._. Pokemon, y u no real...?

It's nights like these when I wish the world of Pokemon was real, and that it was an alternate dimension that I could escape to in order to get away from my life, because reality's a b**** sometimes, plain and simple.
Our marching band qualified for the State Marching Festival by receiving a rating of II (Excellent) at a previous competition. All of the bands attending this Festival had received either a II or a I (Superior) at one or more competitions, so it would be expected that they give IIs, Is, or even a I+ (Superior with Distinction). That's not what happened. Close to half of the participating bands received a backwards rating of III (Good), our band included.
When this happened, everybody in the band celebrated, as if to spite the people who had given us such an undeserved award. I couldn't. Even though we were supposed to be standing for the Results announcements, I was sitting in the bleachers, completely silent and unmoving. After all was said and done, people left, and I was eventually left right there with my girlfriend, who did everything she could to get me to even talk. Admittedly, my behavior toward her at that point was completely unacceptable. I think just about any other girl would have dumped me and left me there, but she still tried to bring up my spirits from the depths. It was of no immediate avail, though. I was determined to make it clear that I was now depressed, and I eventually lost my ability to just plain talk-- there was no middleground; I was either going to be completely silent, or screaming my head off.
That's exactly what happened. First getting on the bus, it was hot because of the heater being on and all of the people on board. I was in a hoodie and warm-up sweatpants, and I heard people joking around like they had completely forgotten we had been given a kick where it really hurts by this festival. One of the kids on the bus said something that may have been repetitive or unnecessary, but regardless, he was wrongfully attacked by multiple members of the band (verbally), including an alumnus who was just tagging along, but I knew him to be a complete jerk and I had had it with him. I flipped s***. Then I completely underwent an emotional breakdown and started having muscle spasms. It took about 5 minutes for me to get my leg to stop shaking violently. This was a side of me that I'm not sure if I've ever experienced up to that point...
On the way home from that disaster that no one seemed to care about, there I was, playing my Black Version with my headphones on (and texting my girlfriend, who was legitimately concerned with my lack of speech after the competition.)
As I level grinded in Pinwheel Forest (I had started the game over not too long ago), I looked at the time, and it went ridiculously fast. By the time I was ready to beat Lenora, we had only about a half-hour left of our drive. I had effectively blocked out the world and focused my time on my new friends-- my Dewott, Herdier, Tranquill, and Blitzle.
I guess that's what Pokemon does. When you're Obsessive Compulsive, anyway...
Old November 6, 2011, 12:50:51 AM
Rayquaza

I understand how life can be harsh on us sometimes; often meeting what you don't expect. What you experienced as you played, is as I assume, a standard to everyone. Any person who gets mad in his life would go to a certain place that he would enjoy; in your case Pokémon. In my case, I browse the internet or go to sleep. But anyway, I suggest you take it more lightly, even though it is an important event to you. It sure sucked this time, but things would get better eventually.
Old November 6, 2011, 01:00:55 AM
Zoroark

Tough luck for you because I'm already a Furret.

I could barely recall much of my high school days, though - thankfully for myself they didn't include marching bands.

From the few recollections I have left coupled with stories from students, teachers, and a principal or two I was pretty much wild and didn't take kindly to given directions.

....Much like an actual Furret.

Oh wait.