Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 2, 2011, 10:18:27 AM
Regigigas

What about Drizzletoed?
Old January 2, 2011, 10:51:48 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Of course. That's why Pokémon like Luvdisc are often seen on Rain Dance teams. They abuse the rain incredibly with their high stats and are able to devastate teams due to the rain boosts.

I NEVER mentioned that EVERY Ground, Rock or Steel type Pokémon is useful in a Sandstorm team. Simply, I was referring to what Smogon mentions in one of its articles, and frankly, they probably know more than what I or you do.
You don't have to be that sarcastic. .-. I was thinking the same thing as Spirit, actually. If Lucario doesn't really have any extra benefit on being on a Sandstorm team and is only listed because of his excellence at sweeping, then something like Gyarados could be listed as a Rain Team sweeper, just because Waterfall will be stronger. I'm pretty sure Lucario was only listed because he is so good at sweeping normally, and because of the sandstorm resistance which makes him a bit more usable on a sand team.

Oh, and I am actually not totally sure on how Dream World abilities stand. Are all of them legal? Are only some? None? Inconsistent Bidoof was used for a while, and that's a Dream World ability, as well as the obvious Politoed with Drizzle, so are all of them legal right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
I just had a thought. Don`t ban Doryuuzu to Ubers, just ban the ability Sand Throw/Paddle/Shovel. That ability makes it broken-ish, but Sand Power is usable without being unstoppable (and is much more useful for my team, anyway), so I`d prefer just having the ability itself banned for use in Ubers only.
I think Sandslash in the lower tiers would be kind of sad about this.
Old January 3, 2011, 04:20:40 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
What about Drizzletoed?
Drizzle went to Round 2. There will be a new suspect list soon with these who got to round 2 and probably new threats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Oh, and I am actually not totally sure on how Dream World abilities stand. Are all of them legal? Are only some? None? Inconsistent Bidoof was used for a while, and that's a Dream World ability, as well as the obvious Politoed with Drizzle, so are all of them legal right now?
Any Dream World ability that has been officially released by Nintendo/GameFreak then it is considered legal and is included to WiFi. There are still abilities that aren't released yet and can't be used legally on the WiFi board.

Anyway, I don't believe that Manaphy got to Round 2! Nevertheless, if it gains the same score, it will be banned, and I totally want it to be banned.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; January 3, 2011 at 04:21:06 AM.
Old January 3, 2011, 04:46:03 AM
Giratina

Quote:
You don't have to be that sarcastic. .-. I was thinking the same thing as Spirit, actually. If Lucario doesn't really have any extra benefit on being on a Sandstorm team and is only listed because of his excellence at sweeping, then something like Gyarados could be listed as a Rain Team sweeper, just because Waterfall will be stronger. I'm pretty sure Lucario was only listed because he is so good at sweeping normally, and because of the sandstorm resistance which makes him a bit more usable on a sand team.
Well, who said Gyarados isn't dangerous on a Rain Dance team anyways? It might not be able to abuse it as much as Swift Swimmers or Toxicroak, but it still is fearsome under the rain. Anyways, to be completely honest, I never was fully convinced about Smogon's inclusion of Lucario in the section of primary Sandstorm sweepers. As I mentioned earlier, he doesn't exactly benefit greatly from the sand, but I reckon they put it over there because other dedicated abusers were either banned (like Garchomp) or did not exist in the first place (Doryuuzu, obviously).

Quote:
Other than what Spirit said, if a Dream World ability, whether released or unreleased, is voted by the Smogon community as banned, then under standard play that ability will not allowed. This will also affect the Pokémon having that ability; for example, since Inconsistent has been banned, Bidoof with Inconsistent is automatically not allowed in the standard metagame. The same applies to any other Pokémon which has Inconsistent as their ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Anyway, I don't believe that Manaphy got to Round 2! Nevertheless, if it gains the same score, it will be banned, and I totally want it to be banned.
Agreed. Manaphy seems almost totally invincible under the rain with instant recovery, great 100-all stats and means to boost them in Tail Glow and Calm Mind. STAB, Rain boosted Water-type moves after TG or CM coming off a 100 SpA stat will allow Manaphy to tear through the whole metagame with ease, even against Pokémon resisting it.

Last edited by Shadow; January 3, 2011 at 04:47:17 AM.
Old January 9, 2011, 12:17:58 PM
Kyurem

I just hope by the time march 6th comes around and these games out to USA and others that dont have it, I just hope that the tiers list dont come out right when the games come out, cause i really want to try garchomp and some others in OU before they are moved to another tier. And yes if I had to I would go on Pokemon (DISALLOWED) and try them there if that comes to it.

Last edited by kakashidragon; January 9, 2011 at 12:19:10 PM.
Old January 10, 2011, 05:20:12 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
I just hope by the time march 6th comes around and these games out to USA and others that dont have it, I just hope that the tiers list dont come out right when the games come out, cause i really want to try garchomp and some others in OU before they are moved to another tier. And yes if I had to I would go on Pokemon (DISALLOWED) and try them there if that comes to it.
They expect the OU tier to be there by the first of February. I don't know about the rest. They will take more time, most probably.
Old January 10, 2011, 05:27:14 AM
Giratina

Quote:
They expect the OU tier to be there by the first of February. I don't know about the rest. They will take more time, most probably.
Obviously, the Uber tier will be released, too, once we have the OU tier, as they are both closely connected together. As for the others, then yes, they will take a longer time.

I hope round 2 doesn't take a lot of time, as I really want to explore the new metagame as soon as it is properly established. >_>
Old January 10, 2011, 10:47:44 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Obviously, the Uber tier will be released, too, once we have the OU tier, as they are both closely connected together. As for the others, then yes, they will take a longer time.

I hope round 2 doesn't take a lot of time, as I really want to explore the new metagame as soon as it is properly established. >_>
Yeah, UU really took a while to settle in Gen. 4 because they were really trying to work out the kinks in OU, and determining what was BL and what was UU was tough. Heck, only a few months ago were NU and Little Cup really making progress. Having OU is nice, but I'll probably still like using UU more this gen. XD Having my favorites available is a lot of fun, and I doubt many UU Pokemon from last gen moved up.
Old January 11, 2011, 07:10:42 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Yeah, UU really took a while to settle in Gen. 4 because they were really trying to work out the kinks in OU, and determining what was BL and what was UU was tough. Heck, only a few months ago were NU and Little Cup really making progress. Having OU is nice, but I'll probably still like using UU more this gen. XD Having my favorites available is a lot of fun, and I doubt many UU Pokemon from last gen moved up.
Although I still prefer OU, I'm kinda like you; I have learned from the previous generation that including some Pokémon from the UU tier in my competitive OU team makes matters much more interesting. Plus, it makes you a better competitive player since you're using Pokémon which are often thought of as inferior to OU Pokémon.

I'll be trying my best to continue this in Gen V's metagame. I hate how some people just cram the top OU Pokémon into a single team, giving it little to no thought, and start battling as though they are guaranteed to win. >_>

Last edited by Shadow; January 11, 2011 at 07:11:59 AM.
Old January 20, 2011, 06:53:54 PM
Kyurem

After looking through discussion of Gen. 4 tiers from years ago and how completely incorrect they sometimes were, I want to remind everyone to ABUSE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN WHILE YOU CAN.

Aerodactyl, the speedy and powerful Pokemon used to be in UU. Heck, this was at the same time people thought Shedinja and Articuno should stay in OU after they were dropped down to UU. So yeah, tier lists take a while to truly develop, but its still fun to play with what you get!

EDIT: More old-thread looking. Tyranitar used to be in Ubers, Deoxys-L in OU, and Smeargle was UU. Als, people thought Mesprit should be in Ubers. XD Oh god, the things people come up with!

Last edited by Alakazamaster; January 20, 2011 at 06:59:05 PM.
Old January 21, 2011, 02:04:21 AM
Rayquaza

What I don't get is why they're trying to get Manaphy out of the Uber teir despite Tail Glow raising Special Attack by 3 stages now.

Wasn't Tail Glow the reason why Manaphy was uber in the first place?
Old January 21, 2011, 02:32:20 AM
Rayquaza

I have been following some people's nominations, and I have to say that most people are nominating Kingdra, Reuniclus and Landorus to be in Ubers. Of course, Excadrill, Manaphy and Drizzle are on the list as well.

The voting will start by the 24th of Jan.
Old January 21, 2011, 05:10:11 AM
Giratina

Quote:
After looking through discussion of Gen. 4 tiers from years ago and how completely incorrect they sometimes were, I want to remind everyone to ABUSE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN WHILE YOU CAN.

Aerodactyl, the speedy and powerful Pokemon used to be in UU. Heck, this was at the same time people thought Shedinja and Articuno should stay in OU after they were dropped down to UU. So yeah, tier lists take a while to truly develop, but its still fun to play with what you get!

EDIT: More old-thread looking. Tyranitar used to be in Ubers, Deoxys-L in OU, and Smeargle was UU. Als, people thought Mesprit should be in Ubers. XD Oh god, the things people come up with!
Agreed. Even when the new tier lists are decided, they will still go through a lot of changes until we eventually reach a stable metagame.

Quote:
I have been following some people's nominations, and I have to say that most people are nominating Kingdra, Reuniclus and Landorus to be in Ubers. Of course, Excadrill, Manaphy and Drizzle are on the list as well.

The voting will start by the 24th of Jan.
It would help if you said why 'most people' are choosing to nominate the first three Pokémon...
Old January 21, 2011, 10:15:32 AM
Rayquaza

Many different opinions, actually. Most people are saying that Landorus and Kingdra are too strong in OU, especially Landorous which is a lot of pain.
Reinuiclus is easy to get +6 Sp. Atk and Sp. Def with Calm Mind due to its ability.
Old January 30, 2011, 08:24:30 AM
Rayquaza

Double-Post for update

Round 2 is done for now and the results are clear:
Quote:
Deoxys-N: 32 Uber, 15 OU, 2 Abstain (71.1%)
Doryuuzu: 16 Uber, 31 OU, 2 Abstain (34.0%)
Latios: 17 Uber, 27 OU, 5 Abstain (38.6%)
Manapy: 29 Uber, 18 OU, 2 Abstain (61.7%)
Rankurusu: 12 Uber, 34 OU, 3 Abstain (26.1%)
In other words, from now on, Manaphy is an Uber along with Deoxys-N. The others are still OU.
Old January 30, 2011, 10:03:45 AM
Regigigas

What about Drizzletoed and Landorus?
Old January 31, 2011, 05:01:36 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
What about Drizzletoed and Landorus?
Drizzle will be under the nominations soon. Landorous is going to have a new suspect test due to few errors and then will be seen about.
Old January 31, 2011, 07:09:37 AM
Giratina

The metagame is currently heading in the right direction. Manaphy is definitely broken with Tail Glow and Rest + Hydration under permanent Rain, so Ubers is the perfect tier for it. Excadrill can be regarded as a slightly powerful, Sandstorm counterpart of Kingdra, and so belongs to the OU tier. Latios + Latias have become less threatening in this generation, while Reuniclus is not yet Uber material, so placing them all in the OU tier is the best decision. Obviously, Deoxys-N deserves to be put nowhere but in Ubers.

Now, I'm actually really happy that Manaphy is banned. Perhaps this might make Rain seem less broken to the testers, as Manaphy was the single biggest threat in it. The others are still strong, but they are much more manageable. If, however, noobs start to make stupid Rain teams due to Drizzle, then I would rather have Drizzle banned so that people don't regard me as a noob, too. Nevertheless, I'm curious to see how the new testing round will go.

Last edited by Shadow; January 31, 2011 at 07:10:24 AM.
Old January 31, 2011, 10:42:03 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
If, however, noobs start to make stupid Rain teams due to Drizzle, then I would rather have Drizzle banned so that people don't regard me as a noob, too. Nevertheless, I'm curious to see how the new testing round will go.
In Gen. 4 Rain Teams were pretty much considered the one-stop shop to victory for the UU metagame, and tons of inexperienced players used them under the blind impression that they would lead to instant victory. The cool thing, though, is that this forces other people to change their teams as a result of it. My UU team packs a Clefable and a Toxicroak as means of stopping rain teams from destroying my own.

As such, I don't think Drizzle should be banned altogether, since its still very much counterable, I have found.

Oh, and have people been using Hydration Vaporeon in the metagame? I would think something like that would be important to note, since its incredibly bulky and one-turn full HP restoration seems like a lot.
Old February 7, 2011, 09:51:13 PM
Kyurem

smogon says in gen 5 that drizzle and swiftswim are banned on the same team, why is this? Also does this mean for ubers too.

Last edited by kakashidragon; February 7, 2011 at 09:51:32 PM.
Old February 8, 2011, 06:38:17 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
smogon says in gen 5 that drizzle and swiftswim are banned on the same team, why is this? Also does this mean for ubers too.
Instead of banning Drizzle, they agreed to ban the usage of both on the same team. I think this applies in a tier which is not an Uber.
Old February 8, 2011, 06:43:21 AM
Giratina

Quote:
The reason is because many people claimed that Rain teams have become broken with the introduction of Drizzle, since the abusers (particularly Swift Swimmers) can enjoy sweeping whole teams under unlimited Rain. I think it makes sense for them to ban this combination, since now Rain teams will become more diverse and unpredictable, and will not be completely wiped out of the metagame.

Also, this combination is only disallowed in the OU tier for now. It's unlikely that the same will be done in the Uber tier, since Kyogre existed a long time before and Swift Swimmers were always used with it.

Last edited by Shadow; February 8, 2011 at 06:46:13 AM.
Old February 8, 2011, 09:26:57 PM
Kyurem

ok i see, well thats sounds fair that way i dont have to worry about getting destroyed under 5mins in a battle. I had this happen on pokemon (DISALLOWED) with a rain and sandstorm team...That stupid steel/ground type mole thing
Old March 1, 2011, 06:44:31 AM
Zoroark

I'm hoping Mandibuzz might be useful in my hail team. Looking forward to testing out vanilluxe purely because he will annoy the hell out of people ahaaa
Old March 3, 2011, 12:15:39 PM
Kyurem

Im going to try a drought team with ninetails, i got lots of pokemon to use for such a team
Old March 8, 2011, 07:16:23 AM
Zoroark

Is it me, or is Ferrothorn the most overused Pokemon ever? I can't watch a battle without somebody using one. He's good, there's no denying it, but good lord... He's everywhere.
Old March 8, 2011, 07:34:15 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiDragunov View Post
Is it me, or is Ferrothorn the most overused Pokemon ever? I can't watch a battle without somebody using one. He's good, there's no denying it, but good lord... He's everywhere.
Which is why a lot of its counters are getting discussed. Whenever someone is making a team, he must find a way to deal with it.
Old March 8, 2011, 07:39:28 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Which is why a lot of its counters are getting discussed. Whenever someone is making a team, he must find a way to deal with it.
Yeah, but hopefully once teams start countering Ferrothorn all day every day, Ferrothorn Fever will start to calm down.
Old March 8, 2011, 08:15:09 AM
Zoroark

Surely the new amount of Fighting Pokemon will be great counters?
Old March 8, 2011, 09:23:10 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco View Post
Surely the new amount of Fighting Pokemon will be great counters?
Ferrothorn's Defense is too high for most of them. IMO, Fire types with high SAtk are the only viable offensive options. Heatran walls Ferrothorn all day long.
Old March 8, 2011, 09:52:45 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiDragunov View Post
Yes, but I assume this is only temporary; once the new metagame settles down and stabilizes, the usage of certain Pokémon is going to change. Plus, Ferrothorn has some flaws which can be relatively easily exploited, but its defensive capabilities make that a tougher job.
Old June 15, 2011, 07:09:39 PM
Kyurem

Well, it happened again! Garchomp has been banned from OU play completely, so we won't be seeing him anymore.
Old June 15, 2011, 09:16:48 PM
Shaymin

Kray, Ditto, and I were going through some suspect ubers suggestions. What the hell was Sawsbuck doing in there? I keep thinking maybe it has something to do with Sap Sipper, but Sawsbuck doesn't really have a solid STAB physical grass move besides its signature move, the 70 acc. Horn Leech.
Old June 16, 2011, 08:22:20 AM
Kyurem

It sucks that garchomp is out of OU before i got to really use him. Now i got to think of smeone else to use from the dragon-type.
Old June 16, 2011, 09:57:10 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
Kray, Ditto, and I were going through some suspect ubers suggestions. What the hell was Sawsbuck doing in there? I keep thinking maybe it has something to do with Sap Sipper, but Sawsbuck doesn't really have a solid STAB physical grass move besides its signature move, the 70 acc. Horn Leech.
Its the same reason Ludicolo was such a vicious threat when Swift Swim was legal. Sap Sipper is complete garbage for Sawsbuck, Chlorophyll is where its at. Base 100 Attack and 95 Speed are pretty impressive when Chlorophyll is doubling your Speed, as it turns into 634 with a Jolly nature. Next factor in the ever-useful Swords Dance, making Sawsbuck a vicious attacker.

Sawsbuck then gets STAB Return which can OHKO Pokemon like Latios who normally are a pain to take down, as well as Horn Leech, which will keep Sawsbuck healthy while still offering the extremely useful Grass/Normal coverage that hits almost everything. Grass/Normal doesn't hit Steel-types, though, which is why Jump Kick and Nature Power are such useful moves. Nature Power even takes the form of Earthquake during Wifi battles, which is more than enough to take down most Steel-types.

Once you get Pokemon like Skarmory or maybe Bronzong out of the way, Sawsbuck is more than capable of destroying teams under the sun.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; June 16, 2011 at 09:57:58 AM.
Old June 16, 2011, 10:27:24 AM
Shaymin

FFFFFFFFFFF I need a Sawsbuck.

Another interesting thing we were looking at was Solosis as a viable Uber Trick Room Endeavor slave. The concept certainly interested me, although I'm more used to Sturdyers as an overall Endeavor tactic now.
Old June 16, 2011, 10:48:57 AM
Kyurem

I hate when smogon slams these things in our faces without anyone knowing whats going on unless your a member of the forum. Like recently I was about to use garchomp and then the day i was going to use him for the first time in b/w he gets banned from OU. Heck next im going to use say dexoys-D and might get banned from OU too or something.

Last edited by kakashidragon; June 16, 2011 at 10:49:13 AM.
Old June 16, 2011, 11:22:44 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
I hate when smogon slams these things in our faces without anyone knowing whats going on unless your a member of the forum. Like recently I was about to use garchomp and then the day i was going to use him for the first time in b/w he gets banned from OU. Heck next im going to use say dexoys-D and might get banned from OU too or something.
Uh where else would you hear about what Smogon is doing than on Smogon itself? .-. Its the only competitive site that people use, so it makes sense that checking there would make sense. Also, the competitive battling scene has been abuzz about Garchomp for a while now, kind of like Salamence last gen. Its hard to complain about not knowing something was coming if you don't look out for it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
FFFFFFFFFFF I need a Sawsbuck.

Another interesting thing we were looking at was Solosis as a viable Uber Trick Room Endeavor slave. The concept certainly interested me, although I'm more used to Sturdyers as an overall Endeavor tactic now.
Could you explain how that would work? I could see it getting one Endeavor down, and then sandstorm finishing foes off, but it would only really take down one Pokemon, when Aron could take down a few since it has the benefit of going second and Shell Bell kicking in. Solosis could just be prioritized the next turn when it has to rely on getting its HP back up, and with Rayquaza running around everywhere it may not be to difficult to get done.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; June 16, 2011 at 11:25:04 AM.
Old June 16, 2011, 11:24:53 AM
Kyurem

I do look but i can never find the right stuff on there. I think i sorta get lost on that forum. (I forgot im a member of forum )

Last edited by kakashidragon; June 16, 2011 at 11:25:20 AM.
Old June 16, 2011, 04:37:09 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Could you explain how that would work? I could see it getting one Endeavor down, and then sandstorm finishing foes off, but it would only really take down one Pokemon, when Aron could take down a few since it has the benefit of going second and Shell Bell kicking in. Solosis could just be prioritized the next turn when it has to rely on getting its HP back up, and with Rayquaza running around everywhere it may not be to difficult to get done.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3448434

I don't know honestly.
Old June 17, 2011, 06:35:51 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Well, it happened again! Garchomp has been banned from OU play completely, so we won't be seeing him anymore.
That's good news, kind of. Even in a metagame which introduced various new dragons and other beastly Pokemon, Garchomp remains Uber-material in my opinion. There's just too many merits which make him strong, especially with the abundance of Sand teams in the metagame.

Quote:
Its the same reason Ludicolo was such a vicious threat when Swift Swim was legal. Sap Sipper is complete garbage for Sawsbuck, Chlorophyll is where its at. Base 100 Attack and 95 Speed are pretty impressive when Chlorophyll is doubling your Speed, as it turns into 634 with a Jolly nature. Next factor in the ever-useful Swords Dance, making Sawsbuck a vicious attacker.

Sawsbuck then gets STAB Return which can OHKO Pokemon like Latios who normally are a pain to take down, as well as Horn Leech, which will keep Sawsbuck healthy while still offering the extremely useful Grass/Normal coverage that hits almost everything. Grass/Normal doesn't hit Steel-types, though, which is why Jump Kick and Nature Power are such useful moves. Nature Power even takes the form of Earthquake during Wifi battles, which is more than enough to take down most Steel-types.

Once you get Pokemon like Skarmory or maybe Bronzong out of the way, Sawsbuck is more than capable of destroying teams under the sun.
I honestly never expected Sawsbuck to be that powerful. This generation's metagame has many surprises up its sleeve, don't you think?
Old June 17, 2011, 07:47:38 AM
Charizard

So in terms of metagame, how many people expect to see any Wide Guard/Quick Guard use? Wide Guard seems lethal in the hands of someone who can anticipate well in double/triples.
Old June 17, 2011, 02:30:09 PM
Kyurem

Just wait till more DW pokes to use there abilitys. Archeops i think gets one.
Old June 17, 2011, 04:00:03 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
That's good news, kind of. Even in a metagame which introduced various new dragons and other beastly Pokemon, Garchomp remains Uber-material in my opinion. There's just too many merits which make him strong, especially with the abundance of Sand teams in the metagame
And the worst part is that Garchomp was very powerful and could win games based on pure luck (Sand Veil). If a key Ice Beam or something just plain missed it could be a fatal loss, and for such a stupid reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzeeGuy View Post
So in terms of metagame, how many people expect to see any Wide Guard/Quick Guard use? Wide Guard seems lethal in the hands of someone who can anticipate well in double/triples.
I am pretty sure that the VGC metagame has been making use of Wide Guard a lot, because of all the Earthquakes, Rock Slides, and Surfs. Since the main metagame is single, though, I haven't seen much use from these moves.

Quote:
Just wait till more DW pokes to use there abilitys. Archeops i think gets one.
a
Pokemon that rely on their abilities as their defining gimmick (Shedijna, Arceus, Slaking, Archeops) don't get Dream World abilities, so sadly Archeops will be forever unused.
Old June 17, 2011, 05:36:38 PM
Kyurem

I thought i seen archeops DW ability on PO. Must have miss read. But alakazams magic guard will beast up most of the metagame someday.

Last edited by kakashidragon; June 17, 2011 at 05:37:23 PM.
Old June 20, 2011, 07:05:22 AM
Charizard

Quote:
I am pretty sure that the VGC metagame has been making use of Wide Guard a lot, because of all the Earthquakes, Rock Slides, and Surfs. Since the main metagame is single, though, I haven't seen much use from these moves.
Well if they're using it in VGC metagame, they're not actually using it in VGC Practically every Nationals and Regionals battle would actually have turned around so much if they were used and anticipated properly.
Old August 18, 2011, 09:42:20 PM
Kyurem

I got a queston that i heard rumors about that Pikachu with lightball is banned to ubers? Im not sure if its true or not but i just traded a lightball from someone and they said this, but i checked smogon and nothing on there says if it is or not.

Last edited by Shadow; August 19, 2011 at 05:13:17 AM. Reason: Moving post into right thread and removing related context.
Old August 28, 2011, 08:30:29 AM
Kyurem

For those of you interested, the strategy dex for Gen. 5 is now available on Smogon, providing useful movesets all in one convenient location! Not every Pokemon has a moveset up, though, but more commonly used OU, UU, and Uber Pokemon are up, and even a few Limbo ones!
Old September 11, 2011, 06:06:02 PM
Zoroark

Have any of y'all built teams using this?
Old September 11, 2011, 11:02:31 PM
Kyurem

Dang that page is huge! So how does this site work?
Old September 12, 2011, 06:17:12 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
That is one useful website! Thank you Elaine and this website is now bookmarked.
Old September 12, 2011, 07:10:25 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
I have always used this website, along with Marriland's Team Builder, to help me build my competitive teams.
Old September 14, 2011, 04:32:53 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
I have always used this website, along with Marriland's Team Builder, to help me build my competitive teams.
Your mom must be so proud. I really just posted that website to help people out with their team synergy.