Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 24, 2012, 08:46:19 PM
Zoroark

Default Computer Lab Profiles

If you are in a cubicle (workplace) or a computer lab (computer class at school), what are people who are not working/learning doing? What games are they playing? Who are always having technical difficulties? And what are you doing when you are not working? Computer lab slackers are so diverse that we can write a Prologue that describes every type of person.

Facebook and YouTube blocked.

0. Me: I finish all computer assignments faster than everyone else, then I either review for other subjects, browse Wikipedia, play with applets, loading and uploading files from Dropbox, or learn Lojban, Esperanto and Korean from the Internet. I don't try to screw the rules.

1. Counter-Strike Gang: Distributes Counter-Strike or Halo through USB drives, and uses the school network to play it. The teacher doesn't care until he warns that they missed all assignments at end of the term.

2. Tetris Friends people: Always play Tetris Friends, drama over stars are common. One time, the teacher closed the window, and the student complains the lost stars, and the teacher asks if it is relevant to learning.

3. Korean guy, glasses and headphones: always browse a Korean forum that doesn't look like an imageboard nor a forum nor *****. He browses about League of Legends and anime pictures.

4. PopTropica Gang: Girls who play a childish (by my standards) Flash game called PopTropica.

5. Troubles Girls: They have trouble at Photoshop and Flash, when someone helps the another, the another says "Look what you have done!" without realizing that there is undo.

6. Chinese Browser: When I overlook her, she was on a Chinese microblog.

7. That guy: He programs on Game Maker and does things beyond the assignments.
Old June 24, 2012, 08:49:56 PM
Giratina

Everyone plays arcade games. Coolmathgames isn't blocked for us. It's pretty fun to do since everything else is blocked. Bloons tower defense, that stuff. All day erry day. oh, and music. Sometimes, we all just blast ghetto music until our teacher screams. VERY FUN.
Old June 24, 2012, 08:51:34 PM
Giratina

I know plenty of people who can be filed under #1, but I consider myself a guy who slacks off playing games for most of the period and finishes the assignment in the last few minutes.
Old June 25, 2012, 02:01:27 AM
Administrator

I knew a lot of 0, 1, 5, and 7 in high school. Replace 2 with various Flash games, and you can count that too. Now, in college, there are mostly 0 and 7.
Old June 25, 2012, 06:35:56 AM
Giratina

I've seen a few people play Solitaire from the computer itself or go on a site that bypasses our school's block on certain sites to play flash games. Surprisingly they actually have their work done, but it's usually a half-arsed job. I play some Solitaire when I'm finished too, but I usually put effort into my assignments.
Old June 25, 2012, 01:43:51 PM
Zoroark

What's worst is that there are zero games in my computer lab computer, not even Minesweeper and Solitaire. (a Congressman played Solitaire during a meeting, and that's a more serious issue)

I can't believe someone has the guts to put Counter-Strike's exe file on school server: The drive where the teachers store information. The teacher said he will be tracked down since all file operations are stored.