Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Victory Road Gym League

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 4, 2012, 04:53:09 AM
Rayquaza

Default Gym League's Feedback & Response Board

Gym League's Feedback & Response Board

This thread can be used by a gym leader, challenger or any member who is interested in this league.

The purpose of this thread is to allow the ones mentioned above to post any inquiry they have, or an issue they want to resolve.

These questions, or issues, will be replied to by either The Spirit of Time or AuraKshatriya.

Do not hesitate to ask.

-The Gym League Administration

Click image for larger version

Name:	GLOfficalBanner.png
Views:	1290
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	3476

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; August 18, 2012 at 10:27:22 AM.
Old July 4, 2012, 11:43:28 AM
Giratina

I'll be the first. If Drizzle+Swift Swim is banned, should Drought+Chlorophyll be banned as well? Sand Stream+Sand Rush?
Old July 4, 2012, 11:48:37 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
I'll be the first. If Drizzle+Swift Swim is banned, should Drought+Chlorophyll be banned as well? Sand Stream+Sand Rush?
No, just Drizzle+Swift Swift. If you haven't noticed, we are following Smogon's OU rules with one or two additions. This one is listed on Smogon's set of rules and for a good reason.

The Pokémon with Chlorophyll are not OU and are not powerful enough to posses a threat, not to mention that there are few of them. Similarly, those with the ability Sand Rush and are powerful, like Excadler, have been banished to Uber tier, leaving the less powerful ones available.

However, none of the Swift Swimmers are Uber, but when combined with Drizzle, they become extremely strong and almost unstoppable. Therefore, you can still use their abilities but with Rain Dance, or use Drizzle, but without any Swift Swimmer.
Old July 4, 2012, 11:56:32 AM
Volcarona

You said on the Self KO Clause that recoil moves are different. So, if I use Double-Edge, and KO someone's last Pokémon, but the recoil KO's my last Pokémon, who wins?
Old July 4, 2012, 12:16:24 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokeMan View Post
You said on the Self KO Clause that recoil moves are different. So, if I use Double-Edge, and KO someone's last Pokémon, but the recoil KO's my last Pokémon, who wins?
You do because you were the attacker.
Old July 4, 2012, 02:33:28 PM

This question might be a little obvious, but is the item clause applied to the league?
Old July 4, 2012, 02:41:08 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
This question might be a little obvious, but is the item clause applied to the league?
I'm assuming no because it will have teams of 6.
Old July 4, 2012, 03:05:06 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
It is not written there because it is not followed.
Old July 4, 2012, 06:57:11 PM
Shaymin

And questions, for maximum clarity, you do not apply for it, you are chosen?
Old July 5, 2012, 12:06:39 AM
Kyurem

So when you guys finish with the gym league do we have to do the rule where if when we become gym leaders, do we have to have 3 pokemon of the gyms type on our team?
Old July 5, 2012, 01:41:47 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
And questions, for maximum clarity, you do not apply for it, you are chosen?
I am not exactly sure whether you mean applying for a gym leader, or not. But I will assume you are talking about that. In that case, everyone will have a fair chance of applying. After that, Aura and I will choose the best 8 following certain criteria that we will inform you about in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
So when you guys finish with the gym league do we have to do the rule where if when we become gym leaders, do we have to have 3 pokemon of the gyms type on our team?
Specific rules concerning the gym leaders will be listed in the next thread, once applications are open.
Old July 6, 2012, 10:33:56 AM
Giratina

I hate to be the guy to ask stupid questions, but since I wasn't really involved in the Gym League before, if I or someone else were to become a gym leader, could we challenge other gym leaders?
Old July 6, 2012, 10:38:30 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
I hate to be the guy to ask stupid questions, but since I wasn't really involved in the Gym League before, if I or someone else were to become a gym leader, could we challenge other gym leaders?
Previously Gym Leaders were able to challenge each other and obtain one anothers' badge, but whether or not it'll operate the same way this time hasn't really been discussed yet.
Old July 6, 2012, 10:49:05 AM
Haxorus

Will there be competitions or something like that if there is more than 1 person that wants to be the same type of gym leader?
Old July 6, 2012, 10:53:15 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Pichu62 View Post
Will there be competitions or something like that if there is more than 1 person that wants to be the same type of gym leader?
At the moment, it seems each applicant will be evaluated individually, so in the event multiple people want to be the Gym Leader for the same type, Spirit and I would choose the most suitable based on criteria to be revealed in the near future.
Old July 6, 2012, 11:29:09 AM
Haxorus

Are Shiny Raikou, Entei, and Suicune (Event) allowed?

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; July 6, 2012 at 11:42:34 AM. Reason: Grammar edit.
Old July 6, 2012, 11:42:47 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Are Shiny Raikou, Entei, and Suicune (Event) allowed?
Yes.
Old July 15, 2012, 10:30:10 AM
Volcarona

Does the Evasion Clause work both ways? I know it works on moves that raise evasion (i.e. Double Team), but what about moves that lower accuracy (i.e. Sand-attack)?
Old July 15, 2012, 10:54:28 AM

I was thinking about this a while ago, but do you think challengers should face the gym leaders in order? Starting with Gym #1 and progressing to Gym #8?
Old July 15, 2012, 11:42:47 AM
Kyurem

I was woundering if any pokemon from 647-649 be used when there released? Like right now keldeo is OU and number 648 (Forgot its name) be used as its released now. I know genesect isnt out till like a month so.
Old July 15, 2012, 04:27:32 PM
Giratina

Quote:
I was woundering if any pokemon from 647-649 be used when there released? Like right now keldeo is OU and number 648 (Forgot its name) be used as its released now. I know genesect isnt out till like a month so.
Until Keldeo, Melottea, and Genesect have events where you can obtain them, they are banned. I assume there will be an event for each of these Pokémon sometime during the first few months of BW2's release.
Old July 15, 2012, 05:37:16 PM
Giratina

What if they're Japan-only events and you somehow obtain them via Japanese friend or Japanese game?
Old July 15, 2012, 11:42:46 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokeMan View Post
Does the Evasion Clause work both ways? I know it works on moves that raise evasion (i.e. Double Team), but what about moves that lower accuracy (i.e. Sand-attack)?
Moves that lower accuracy can be used.
Quote:
I think Keldeo and Meleotta have been released in Japan. This means they can be used as they have been officially released. Since this league will kick-off after the American release, by that time, you will have the American versions of both Pokémon. As for Genesect, it is not allowed, since it hasn't been released yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
What if they're Japan-only events and you somehow obtain them via Japanese friend or Japanese game?
You are free to use them, and use any region exclusive Pokémon as long as they are legit.

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; July 16, 2012 at 12:06:24 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old July 16, 2012, 05:24:43 AM
Shaymin

I would just like to say, that it is going to be really hard making the team perfect, because it isn't on ******* ******. And god (or whatever you choose to worship) knows that anyone who uses ******* will be caught. So now I have even more on my plate before I apply.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 26, 2013 at 01:54:22 PM.
Old July 16, 2012, 05:43:05 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I would just like to say, that it is going to be really hard making the team perfect, because it isn't on ******* ******. And god (or whatever you choose to worship) knows that anyone who uses ******* will be caught. So now I have even more on my plate before I apply.
It's not that difficult to raise a team. Yes, it's time consuming, but then you have a better sense of accomplishment when your team is done. ******* ****** is meant more for testing teams to see flaws that need to be covered before you make the actual team. You could probably make a wi-fi team within a week's worth of work. Considering the League won't open until October at the earliest, that gives you plenty of time to prepare your team.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 26, 2013 at 01:54:38 PM.
Old July 16, 2012, 06:16:13 AM
Shaymin

Thanks.

And I must I cant find this, but after you have applied, how long do you get to make a team after you apply?
Old July 16, 2012, 07:04:58 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks.

And I must I cant find this, but after you have applied, how long do you get to make a team after you apply?
I understand that it is time consuming, but we are trying to give as much time as possible. This is the main reason why we decided to allow applications to be submitted now, not after the American release, as after planning and submitting your team now, you will have a lot of time to prepare. For instance, you can prepare those that don't require anything from Black 2/White 2 in Black/White. It is July now, and you can prepare as soon as you are announced as a gym leader. And don't expect the league to open before November. This means that you have the very least, two months to prepare a team, and remember, your team doesn't have to be Lv.100. We specified that it can be from Lv.80~Lv.100.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 26, 2013 at 01:54:08 PM.
Old July 16, 2012, 07:09:40 AM
Kyurem

I've noticed that we're using Smogon's Uber tier list.

I do not suggest you guys going ahead with that.

The tier list, as I put it, is created in a vacuum - a vacuum where everything is perfect and designed to be ridiculously over optimized, without bothering to check whether it's actually easy to obtain the desired Pokémon. When you obtain something within the real game, you'll have noticed that it's way, way more difficult that expected to achieve the same result, especially for newcomers and casual battlers who don't really care about the competitive scene.

The result? The tier list is skewed to the point where it could be argued that it starts to make no sense. I've had my share of myself having a tough time even with the lower-end of these Pokémon.
Old July 16, 2012, 07:41:09 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I've noticed that we're using Smogon's Uber tier list.

I do not suggest you guys going ahead with that.

The tier list, as I put it, is created in a vacuum - a vacuum where everything is perfect and designed to be ridiculously over optimized, without bothering to check whether it's actually easy to obtain the desired Pokémon. When you obtain something within the real game, you'll have noticed that it's way, way more difficult that expected to achieve the same result, especially for newcomers and casual battlers who don't really care about the competitive scene.

The result? The tier list is skewed to the point where it could be argued that it starts to make no sense. I've had my share of myself having a tough time even with the lower-end of these Pokémon.
I would have agreed with you if I wasn't a battler myself. I might not be battling now, but I still have my knowledge about how things are going, and I can't say that the ones right now are not overpowered. They indeed are, especially that most of them are super strong legends.

The second thing is that I disagree with you when you say that the Uber list was chosen from "vacuum." I followed their procedures when they were choosing the Uber list, and it was done by a huge number of elitists voting after trials for multiple rounds.

The third issue is that Smogon is the primary site for battling, and it would be a hassle if we decide to start using multiple references.

Nevertheless, I understand your point. How about telling us what Pokémon you want to discuss its legitimacy? We can see discuss it and if things are reasonable, we might make some Pokémon usable.
Old July 16, 2012, 08:08:13 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
I would have agreed with you if I wasn't a battler myself. I might not be battling now, but I still have my knowledge about how things are going, and I can't say that the ones right now are not overpowered. They indeed are, especially that most of them are super strong legends.

The second thing is that I disagree with you when you say that the Uber list was chosen from "vacuum." I followed their procedures when they were choosing the Uber list, and it was done by a huge number of elitists voting after trials for multiple rounds.

The third issue is that Smogon is the primary site for battling, and it would be a hassle if we decide to start using multiple references.

Nevertheless, I understand your point. How about telling us what Pokémon you want to discuss its legitimacy? We can see discuss it and if things are reasonable, we might make some Pokémon usable.
Heh. It's been forever since the last time I've done some competitive battling, because I never got any strong interest in it. No where did I say that we have to start using multiple references, no?

Huge number of elitists, yes, but if all are done in ideal conditions, the point is somewhat moot. Seeing as this league is Wi-Fi only...
Old July 16, 2012, 09:41:12 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
Heh. It's been forever since the last time I've done some competitive battling, because I never got any strong interest in it. No where did I say that we have to start using multiple references, no?

Huge number of elitists, yes, but if all are done in ideal conditions, the point is somewhat moot. Seeing as this league is Wi-Fi only...
We need some examples so that we can look at the matter. Telling us that following Smogon isn't a good idea without a backup of examples can't help. This is why I am asking you to list those Pokémon that are Uber and you think we should use them. We can then discuss the legitimacy of those that you listed.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; July 16, 2012 at 09:41:27 AM.
Old July 16, 2012, 11:20:14 AM
Kyurem

You think maybe we can have a small thread about what pokemon we should look at to that is legitimacy or something?

Last edited by kakashidragon; July 16, 2012 at 11:20:38 AM.
Old July 16, 2012, 11:30:27 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
You think maybe we can have a small thread about what pokemon we should look at to that is legitimacy or something?
I am sorry, but we aren't doing our own research on Pokémon here. Really, there are sites that are dedicated to only do something like that, Smogon for example. I don't find it our duty to revise what they have done, nor we have the time, really. Nevertheless, I am keeping this offer for those in the Uber-tier only that you want to discuss, but that doesn't mean it is going to be legalised for sure. It is just a chance depending on how the discussions go.
Old July 16, 2012, 11:36:29 AM
Kyurem

I was reading the gym rules about the sleep cause and i was woundering if at some point if any one used relic song on a pokemon and it falls asleep, what happens then? Does that mean relic song cant be used anymore till the pokemon faints or wakes up?

Last edited by kakashidragon; July 16, 2012 at 11:37:04 AM.
Old July 16, 2012, 12:10:35 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
I was reading the gym rules about the sleep cause and i was woundering if at some point if any one used relic song on a pokemon and it falls asleep, what happens then? Does that mean relic song cant be used anymore till the pokemon faints or wakes up?
There hasn't been a lot of talk about it before since Meloetta was just recently released. However, I will answer this question, basing my reply on what used to be in the RBY metagame.

At that time, Blizzard had a high chance of freezing a Pokémon. If a battle had a freeze clause (which we don't in the league) as a rule, and a Pokémon is already frozen, you can still use Blizzard, but if Blizzard freezes another Pokémon, then you automatically forfeit the game.

Comparing Relic Song to this, we can say that if a Pokémon is already asleep, you can still use the move, but you are risking a 10% chance of losing the game, if Relic Song puts a Pokémon to sleep. Of course, if a Pokémon was asleep due to Rest, and Relic Song induces another to sleep too, then you don't lose.

This is the rule for now. We will discuss it further, and if we need to change it, then we will inform everyone. We have a couple of months before battling starts, so we have time.

Thanks for bring up such an important matter. We totally forgot about it.
Old July 16, 2012, 02:53:07 PM
Kyurem

Your welcome, i just thought it was the right time to ask about that ahead of time.

Last edited by kakashidragon; July 16, 2012 at 02:53:18 PM.
Old July 17, 2012, 09:38:03 AM
Giratina

Lets say one of the GL staff wanted to become a leader. Do they get any better chances at becoming one since they choose? Just a question on fairness
Old July 17, 2012, 09:43:24 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Lets say one of the GL staff wanted to become a leader. Do they get any better chances at becoming one since they choose? Just a question on fairness
I think Aura and Spirit have both said they will not be gym leaders for the new VRGL.
Old July 17, 2012, 11:31:51 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
We both are too busy running the league that you can rest assured we won't bother thinking about becoming a leader.

However, we still have the right to challenge them if we want to.
Old July 17, 2012, 12:35:30 PM
Giratina

oh okay, thanks I was just curious.
Old July 17, 2012, 05:24:24 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Good question. As Spirit and Quad said, neither of us will be. Though from my own personal standpoint, I've developed a preference against using type-restricted teams, so it saves me the trouble of having to adjust anyway.
Old July 18, 2012, 12:13:39 PM
Shaymin

I will have to drop out of the race. I noticed that I do not have the ability to use Tutors. Also I have too much to do, like be the artist for this place, and the school, and my LIFE! So this isn't working for me.... Good luck to the people that are still in it! I will challenge you sometime!
Old July 18, 2012, 12:18:17 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
I will have to drop out of the race. I noticed that I do not have the ability to use Tutors. Also I have too much to do, like be the artist for this place, and the school, and my LIFE! So this isn't working for me.... Good luck to the people that are still in it! I will challenge you sometime!
That is rather disappointing, considering that you were a good battler in the previous league. Nevertheless, I shall ignore your application, but if you happen to change your mind within the time allowed, we will still accept your application.
Old July 18, 2012, 01:15:26 PM
Shaymin

Well like I said, I dont have enough resources and I am too nice to use an Action Replay. So yeah. But I am always available for things like the badges and such.

Also, I would like to ask. Can people who applied submit a badge ahead of time, just so I can work on it. Because I want to make them perfect and that takes time. And I wouldn't mind if they just sent it to me now.
Old July 18, 2012, 01:29:25 PM
Kyurem

I was woundering after i did my thing to be a gym leader (On the application thread) When do i have to submit my team by and do i have to submit a team now? I know that spirit of time is the one i have to submit my team too so i dont need that said.
Old July 18, 2012, 01:48:37 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Well like I said, I dont have enough resources and I am too nice to use an Action Replay. So yeah. But I am always available for things like the badges and such.

Also, I would like to ask. Can people who applied submit a badge ahead of time, just so I can work on it. Because I want to make them perfect and that takes time. And I wouldn't mind if they just sent it to me now.
Actually, no. Not all who applied would get their positions, as only eight would be chosen. However, once the chosen eight are announced, the first thing to do will be creation of the badges.
Quote:
I was woundering after i did my thing to be a gym leader (On the application thread) When do i have to submit my team by and do i have to submit a team now? I know that spirit of time is the one i have to submit my team too so i dont need that said.
You have got to submit your team before 30 of July.
Old July 18, 2012, 02:06:04 PM
Shaymin

But that is the thing, I want to have more to practice on. Like if there are extra, I wont care at all. NONE! I would do mugshots later. And I understand the process >.> I KNOW THERE ARE 8 LEADERS . But anyways, I want to be able to get it down. So it wouldn't hurt anything.
Old July 18, 2012, 07:32:37 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
But that is the thing, I want to have more to practice on. Like if there are extra, I wont care at all. NONE! I would do mugshots later. And I understand the process >.> I KNOW THERE ARE 8 LEADERS . But anyways, I want to be able to get it down. So it wouldn't hurt anything.
Sure, if you don't mind the added workload, then that shouldn't be a problem. I'll amend the guidelines here.
Old July 18, 2012, 07:33:25 PM
Shaymin

Okay, Well, everyone should start PMing me!
Old July 18, 2012, 07:34:41 PM
Regigigas

Please note that a new criterion being added to the application process, which is as follows:

• All applicants are required to submit a Badge name, as well as a draft sketch of their desired badge, to teamplasma via a Personal Message.

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; July 18, 2012 at 10:40:42 PM.
Old July 18, 2012, 09:23:33 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
Please note that a new criterion being added to the application process, which is as follows:

• All applicants are required to submit a Badge name, as well as draft sketch of their desired badge, to teamplasma via a Personal Message.
I dont think i have the computer time to make a sketched badge, but when do we have to sumbit the draft sketch? Then maybe i can come up with something.
Old July 18, 2012, 09:56:56 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post

• All applicants are required to submit a Badge name, as well as draft sketch of their desired badge, to teamplasma via a Personal Message.
What if we have no skill when it comes to making badges?... I am literally like spazzing out to make a DRAFT. not even the final copy, and im sucking... I can't do this! >:0
Old July 18, 2012, 10:42:53 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
What if we have no skill when it comes to making badges?... I am literally like spazzing out to make a DRAFT. not even the final copy, and im sucking... I can't do this! >:0
...Then I can try making you a draft based on your idea, and forward it to teamplasma.
Old July 19, 2012, 01:32:17 AM
Rayquaza

Guys, you can do the draft in Paint. It doesn't have to be perfect, or even nice. What teamplasma requires is the basic structure and he can recreate it, to match the requirements.
Old July 19, 2012, 05:10:10 AM
Giratina

Can it be a draft with pencil and paper or does it have to be on MS Paint?
Old July 19, 2012, 06:31:55 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Can it be a draft with pencil and paper or does it have to be on MS Paint?
I'd assume either is fine since teamplasma can recreate the image and refine it either way. However, since I'm planning a pencil-and-paper approach as well, it's probably best that I know what is fine and what isn't. However, my question is; do we have to have the badges in before July 30th?
Old July 19, 2012, 06:54:50 AM
Rayquaza

You can provide a pencil drawn picture of the badge. And no, for the time being, there is no deadline.
Old July 19, 2012, 01:15:08 PM
Kyurem

Heck i cant even come up with a name right now. I do have a old badge back when we did the whole pokezam forum, but the badge was ment for a darkness gym not a dragon gym. And can we use the same name of a badge? Like for example we could use the legend badge's name or not?
Old July 19, 2012, 01:18:01 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Heck i cant even come up with a name right now. I do have a old badge back when we did the whole pokezam forum, but the badge was ment for a darkness gym not a dragon gym. And can we use the same name of a badge? Like for example we could use the legend badge's name or not?
Please change the name. For a Dragon badge, you can have the Draco badge, or Fang badge. There are many other possibilities.
Old July 19, 2012, 01:23:44 PM
Kyurem

Has the name "Epic" Been used in a badge name yet? I would like to have that and something else wih it, but first i need to know. Then i can easliy make a draft sketched
Old July 19, 2012, 01:30:39 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Has the name "Epic" Been used in a badge name yet? I would like to have that and something else wih it, but first i need to know. Then i can easliy make a draft sketched
As far as I know, no.
Old July 19, 2012, 01:32:27 PM
Kyurem

Cool.....Now to come up with something to go with the name???? *Goes and thinks in chair*
Old July 19, 2012, 04:19:16 PM
Haxorus

Are the Gym badges going to look simuler to Gen V badges or Gen <4 badges?

Last edited by Super Pichu62; July 19, 2012 at 04:19:36 PM.
Old July 19, 2012, 04:36:09 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Are the Gym badges going to look simuler to Gen V badges or Gen <4 badges?
I believe they can be your own personal design, so it can look like whatever you want.
Old July 19, 2012, 05:06:43 PM
Shaymin

I think she the design. Like in Gen 5 the badges were thin and golden. But the ones before where something that could be it in a square and were silver. They will be a 35x35 silver and black outlined style badge.

They will look like this... (This is also Turt's Badge [if turt doesn't mind it])
Name:  Wildthorn Bardge.png
Views: 692
Size:  1.7 KB

EDIT: That isn't completely finished.

Last edited by teamplasma; July 19, 2012 at 05:09:05 PM.
Old July 19, 2012, 05:22:36 PM
Giratina

WHAA?! How is his sooo good!? O_O lol, I love mine though Nice and simple ^^, me and plaz call it the "Phantom Badge"
Old July 19, 2012, 10:46:55 PM
Rayquaza

Once the 8 gym leaders are chosen and their badges have been finalised, we will have a thread, which displays all the badges. You can then comment on them there.
Old July 20, 2012, 11:07:48 AM
Haxorus

Will we each have our own Gym Leader thread? (Don't know if anyone has asked this yet or if it was used at the last Gym League)
Old July 20, 2012, 12:38:25 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Will we each have our own Gym Leader thread? (Don't know if anyone has asked this yet or if it was used at the last Gym League)
Yes, each gym leader will have his own gym.
Old July 20, 2012, 12:54:18 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Yes, each gym leader will have his own gym.
His or her, yes.

Can the badge be named after the User? My badge is planning to be called the Phantom Badge... Is that okay?
Old July 20, 2012, 01:08:16 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
His or her, yes.

Can the badge be named after the User? My badge is planning to be called the Phantom Badge... Is that okay?
Of course, it is, as long as it makes sense and is related to the type you chose. In your case, it does.
Old July 20, 2012, 02:36:07 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Im hoping my badge will be slicky awsome looking.
As Spirit recently said, the badge discussion thread will be posted later on, and to hold it for now.

But I promise it will, once you actually send me something.
Old July 23, 2012, 05:12:27 PM
Servine

Okay. So I was always interested in things like this, even creating my own (though never succeeded). As such, I am interested in this as well. However, I have a few things I'd like to clarify:

1> I've been having slight trouble with my internet connection lately (a little more than lately). I was told that Black & White are suppose to be compatible with WPA/WPA2, which I've tested with, and work. But, I seem to have problems connecting with specific people (via the Wi-Fi Club), and my Game Sync. I have no problems (usually) with the Random Matchup and such, including Mystery Gift. Interestingly, I still have these problems while using WEP. If you could help (because I don't feel like spamming up this thread), please send me a message! ~Thank you~
[Oh, and I'm using a Belkin router, if that helps... And have attempted most of Nintendo's 'suggestions'...]

2> When will the opening date of the Gyms be? And how often do we have to be open? I know - reasonable times; but I mean like set time-wise, and how many hours/days at the least...

3> Does the badge have to be ours, like fully created by us? As I'm usually on my 3DS, I cannot necessarily make my own unless I get on a computer (like now; rarely). Could we have someone we know create the badge for us?

4> When challengers, you know, challenge us, are they restricted to the amount of Pokemon we have? Example: if we have 4 Pokemon, are they limited to 4, or could they go lower or higher than 4?

5> What is the time frame for preparing a team? Since others are technically able to take your spot on the type list, you'd have to have some extra time.

6> Haven't found anything on this just yet, but can you connect Black/White 2 with Black/White?

Okay... So I'm pretty sure that's all the questions I have... Until I have more (or get a reply on these), I will patiently create a team... ^-^'

Last edited by boberry2009; July 23, 2012 at 05:16:30 PM.
Old July 23, 2012, 05:35:13 PM
Regigigas

Responses in purple:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberry2009 View Post
Okay. So I was always interested in things like this, even creating my own (though never succeeded). As such, I am interested in this as well. However, I have a few things I'd like to clarify:

1> I've been having slight trouble with my internet connection lately (a little more than lately). I was told that Black & White are suppose to be compatible with WPA/WPA2, which I've tested with, and work. But, I seem to have problems connecting with specific people (via the Wi-Fi Club), and my Game Sync. I have no problems (usually) with the Random Matchup and such, including Mystery Gift. Interestingly, I still have these problems while using WEP. If you could help (because I don't feel like spamming up this thread), please send me a message! ~Thank you~
[Oh, and I'm using a Belkin router, if that helps... And have attempted most of Nintendo's 'suggestions'...]
I'm not the best person to ask about this, but I'll ask around and see if there's anyone I know who'd be able to help.

2> When will the opening date of the Gyms be? And how often do we have to be open? I know - reasonable times; but I mean like set time-wise, and how many hours/days at the least...
Probably around a month after the Gym Leaders are announced. It doesn't have an hours/days thing to it. People will post in your thread asking to battle you for your badge, and you both work out a time where you'll be able to have that battle. You're not required to be online at particular times, but you shouldn't let challenges pile up. Gym Leaders will also be given set amounts of time for which they may close their Gym, but we'll reveal more details on that, later.

At the moment we haven't totally decided on it, but Gym Leaders will probably have about a month to prepare their teams prior to opening, after they've been selected from the applicants.

3> Does the badge have to be ours, like fully created by us? As I'm usually on my 3DS, I cannot necessarily make my own unless I get on a computer (like now; rarely). Could we have someone we know create the badge for us?

You only need to come up with a basic design, even a simple sketch on a sheet of paper will suffice. teamplasma, the Gym League's Art Director, will then create the badge's final image based on what you want it to look like. You won't have to construct the final badge yourself.

4> When challengers, you know, challenge us, are they restricted to the amount of Pokemon we have? Example: if we have 4 Pokemon, are they limited to 4, or could they go lower or higher than 4?

Typically the Gym Leader sets those rules. The standard battle format is a full battle of 6 vs. 6, however, Gym Leaders do have the option of declaring a day/days where their Gym operates under different rules, such as Rotation, Triple, or Double Battles, etc. Such rules may also include altered team numbers, like 4 Pokemon as you mentioned. So in short, yes, they are limited to the number of Pokemon you have, though for the purpose of the League you're required to have a full team of 6 Pokemon for regular Gym Battles, with a minimum of 3 Pokemon of your selected type.

5> What is the time frame for preparing a team? Since others are technically able to take your spot on the type list, you'd have to have some extra time.

As I answered above, Gym Leaders will probably have about a month or so after they've been selected. Keep in mind that we don't only select Gym Leaders based on their battling ability, but also the creativity or potential of their team, as well as their ability to stay active as a Gym Leader, etc.

6> Haven't found anything on this just yet, but can you connect Black/White 2 with Black/White?

Yes, they are compatible with each other, including copies from different regions (such as North American White with Japanese Black 2).

I'd also advise you read the Gym League Official Guide and the first post of the Gym Leader Application Form in order to improve your understanding of how the League will operate. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Okay... So I'm pretty sure that's all the questions I have... Until I have more (or get a reply on these), I will patiently create a team... ^-^'

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; July 24, 2012 at 07:41:21 PM.
Old July 23, 2012, 05:48:24 PM
Servine

@ AuraKshatriya:
Okay. Thanks for the help...
I will probably end up making a thread on the issue (since that'll be easier for multiple inputs on the situation)... And, I have read the rules already; I just didn't happen to see those pointed out (at least I'm sure I didn't)... ^-^'
Old July 24, 2012, 12:27:47 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
@ AuraKshatriya:
Okay. Thanks for the help...
I will probably end up making a thread on the issue (since that'll be easier for multiple inputs on the situation)... And, I have read the rules already; I just didn't happen to see those pointed out (at least I'm sure I didn't)... ^-^'
More rules will be provided soon. We will keep everyone updated as soon as we reveal them.

The only thing that I want to add on what Aura said is that the Gym Leaders will be announced before the League is open, thus giving time for the leaders to prepare themselves. Another thing is that the League will not open prior the release of Black 2/White 2, and there will be a time duration between the release and the opening of the League, in order to give time for the leaders to play the game, and if necessary prepare their teams there. Therefore, you can expect the League to open around November. This also gives us time to evaluate the activity of the members. If we happen to choose a gym leader this August, but he remains inactive throughout September and October, then you can expect us to revoke his position and choose someone else.

Another thing I want to clarify is regarding how often your gym should be open. The gym should be open the whole time, even if you are offline. Challengers declare they want to battle with you, and then you can organise with them the perfect time for battling. Of course, there are times when you need to close your gym, like when you have exams for example. In that case, we will soon provide everyone with rules, one of them gives details about how long you can close your gym.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; July 24, 2012 at 12:33:48 AM.
Old July 24, 2012, 12:57:32 AM
Servine

The Spirit of Time:
Okay. Thanks for the extra details. I'll anxiously look forward to any others that are added. ^-^
I'm also glad about the time frame for preparation. It'll hopefully give me enough time to figure out what's going on with my router. And, because I've pre-ordered my copy of Black 2, I shouldn't have any problems training in that game, with the semi-few advantages it can have with training...
As for an application from me: I'm currently making a team list, and should have one ready for you by later (going to bed now); and as for the badge, I have that ready (just not a name yet).

Last edited by boberry2009; July 24, 2012 at 12:59:35 AM. Reason: Added a few notes
Old July 24, 2012, 01:00:34 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
The Spirit of Time:
Okay. Thanks for the extra details. I'll anxiously look forward to any others that are added. ^-^
As for an application from me: I'm currently making a team list, and should have one ready for you by later (going to bed now); and as for the badge, I have that ready (just not a name yet).
We are glad we can help. As for the badge, please remember to submit your sketch to teamplasma. He will then convert it to what looks like an actual badge. I think he has provided an example of what your badge would like like in an earlier post in this thread.
Old July 24, 2012, 01:03:53 AM
Servine

Alright. I will not forget. I already have it transparent, and will upload it later so I may send it over.
Seeing the example, I'm hoping it'll be okay... (No worries; I should be able to make another before application closing.)

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 29, 2012 at 01:40:13 AM.
Old July 27, 2012, 05:17:42 PM
Shaymin

If you have read my signature, then you should know I've lost ALL my files off of my computer last night... Please, all applicants for the League, send me your badge via PM so that I will have them again. I have found a few, but there are still those which have been lost. Thanks

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; July 27, 2012 at 05:32:11 PM. Reason: Urgency boost.
Old July 27, 2012, 08:14:09 PM
Giratina

I can't.. I never saved it >_>
Old July 27, 2012, 08:26:52 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
I can't.. I never saved it >_>
Is yours still in your pm's perhaps?
Old July 27, 2012, 08:41:13 PM
Giratina

Oh yup, thanks! I got it
Old July 27, 2012, 08:42:57 PM
Volcarona

Be sure to look everywhere when you're trying to find your badges. I found mine in a PM Plaz sent me, but if you happened to delete that, you'll probably be able to find it in your History. In essence, leave no stone unturned.
Old July 27, 2012, 10:27:23 PM
Shaymin

Like I said I have found a few. Oddly enough a few things did last my weird laptop meltdown... My Fl Studio, Battle Sim, and my HGSS Guide. I found a few in my PMs as well. So don't make it too urgent in your agenda. Just do it when you can please.

Last edited by Reuniclus; July 27, 2012 at 10:44:45 PM. Reason: Word Change
Old July 27, 2012, 10:55:51 PM
Kyurem

Mine is in my album here in my profile, as i used that to upload the image to here.
Old July 28, 2012, 03:20:10 AM
Rayquaza

You can also find your badges in the Sent messages of your PMs.
Old July 28, 2012, 07:17:48 AM
Shaymin

Thanks, Kakashi. I think I found all but ~Whimsicott~'s. So if by chance I never even sent that one/it is gone then I will make it again. But I know I finished the draft.
Old July 28, 2012, 01:17:14 PM
Kyurem

Then i'll find the one u sent me that u finished and i'l see if the reply one still has mine.
Old July 29, 2012, 06:55:34 AM
Linoone

I can't help voicing my interest for this project, but I do have two current questions about details concerning Gym leaders- scanning through this thread, I haven't seen them be asked before (at least I think not- so if they have, I apologise in advance)- so, I shall ask;

Question One:
Is it possible to use differing movesets for the same Pokémon? What I mean by this is that if an accepted Gym leader has a set team as agreed, could they swap movesets / nature around so long as the Pokémon remained the same species, gender, etc? So if someone had, let's say for sheer example, a physical attacker Nidoking, but wanted to switch it into a special attacker Nidoking, could they do so as they wished?

Question Two:
Once a gym leader has been accepted and time has passed, are there times when they might be able to adjust their teams if they feel the need to do so? Like if one of their team wasn't preforming well, or they just wanted to try a different option or style?

I look forward to your answers.
Old July 29, 2012, 07:20:30 AM
Floatzel

I thought that the teams were 3 or more, but you must have 6. Is that an error or a rule change?
Old July 29, 2012, 07:42:34 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepachu View Post
I thought that the teams were 3 or more, but you must have 6. Is that an error or a rule change?
The rule is that depending on your type, you must have a team of six. At least 3 out of 6 of the pokemon MUST be that type.
Example, my team is ghost. It would be something like this:

Pokemon, Pokemon, Pokemon, GHOST pokemon, GHOST pokemon, GHOST pokemon.
Old July 29, 2012, 08:16:09 AM
Floatzel

Oh, Looks like i have team full of Ice-Types lol
Old July 29, 2012, 08:47:45 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
I can't help voicing my interest for this project, but I do have two current questions about details concerning Gym leaders- scanning through this thread, I haven't seen them be asked before (at least I think not- so if they have, I apologise in advance)- so, I shall ask;

Question One:
Is it possible to use differing movesets for the same Pokémon? What I mean by this is that if an accepted Gym leader has a set team as agreed, could they swap movesets / nature around so long as the Pokémon remained the same species, gender, etc? So if someone had, let's say for sheer example, a physical attacker Nidoking, but wanted to switch it into a special attacker Nidoking, could they do so as they wished?

Question Two:
Once a gym leader has been accepted and time has passed, are there times when they might be able to adjust their teams if they feel the need to do so? Like if one of their team wasn't preforming well, or they just wanted to try a different option or style?

I look forward to your answers.
Yes, both are possible. In regards to moveset changes, as long as they don't violate the rules and aren't full-scale overhauls in any way (instead being relatively minor), then it's fine.

As for roster changes, those along with large-scale moveset changes will likely only be possible at certain times Spirit and I will stagger ourselves. We haven't finalized the specifics of it, but I imagine both will be possible.

Also, if you do intend to submit a team, don't forget that you have until the end of tomorrow, the 30th (based on GMT) to submit it to Spirit via PM (including movesets, items, EVs, and obviously Pokemon), along with declaring your type in the application thread.
Old July 29, 2012, 10:23:03 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepachu View Post
Oh, Looks like i have team full of Ice-Types lol
You need to have at least 3 Pokémon, but that doesn't mean that you have to. You can have 4, 5 or even 6.

As for Paradox's query, as Aura replied, yes both are allowed, but a gym leader will have to inform me and Aura via a PM of any changes.
Old July 29, 2012, 10:38:52 AM
Floatzel

I think i'll keep my Team as it is, I used to have WiFi battles with my friends on D/P where we chose a single type and stuck to it. I always used Ice types, so i'm used to using them
Old July 31, 2012, 03:41:00 PM
Servine

I have yet to see this question asked:
When do you think the Gym Leaders will be chosen? I don't mean the exact date, just a rough estimate
Old July 31, 2012, 06:46:03 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Whimsicott~ View Post
I have yet to see this question asked:
When do you think the Gym Leaders will be chosen? I don't mean the exact date, just a rough estimate
I asked Spirit this before and he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time
These will take a while, but hopefully in August.
Old August 2, 2012, 05:36:02 PM
Kyurem

So is all the badges in then? did team plasma get all the ones that where missng from is computer yet?
Old August 2, 2012, 06:34:53 PM
Shaymin

Yup. I did. And whenever all the people get the drafts in, I can be done.