Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 21, 2012, 11:37:34 PM
Administrator

Default Thanksgiving 2012

I'm going to be relaxing for most of today and tomorrow. I'm not sure what my parents have planned besides a very early dinner at 2 pm. Mmm, turkey.

Are you doing anything exciting, visiting relatives, volunteering, working, or spending quality time with your family this year?
Old November 22, 2012, 03:27:58 AM
Giratina

MERRY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE AT VR!! Today, I am going to see the Thanksgiving Day parade with my friend and family in the city today. My family hasn't talked of any dinner yet, but I'm just about ready to eat like there's no tomorrow! Ohh I hope I have a feast today lol
Old November 22, 2012, 03:34:14 AM
Haxorus

My family (with the possibly exclusion of my sister and her +1) are heading over the river and through the woods to my grandmother's house. My uncle makes really, really good potatoes. Happy Thanksgiving, everybody~!!!!!!
Old November 22, 2012, 04:19:17 AM
Giratina

Happy Thanksgiving to our fellow users from the United States. The one day where you can eat as much as you want for dinner and not be ashamed of yourself.

Later in the day, a few hours before dinner or so, my family and I are heading over to my uncle's house to celebrate the day. Already looking forward to that turkey and mashed GlaDO- I mean potatoes.
Old November 22, 2012, 08:50:57 AM

I'm going to be eating a Thanksgiving lunch with my family and the family of my sister's best friend Kaitlin. We'll be heading over to the house of Kaitlin's family around 2pm to eat with them. I can't wait to stuff my face with honey glazed ham and stuffing/dressing.

After the food, me and my dad will wind down and watch football.
Old November 22, 2012, 09:29:07 AM
Shaymin

Well... I.. am going to be on VR?

Just Kidding. After I actually get up and around I will be driving over to my grandma's to meet up with the family and such. The summation for the night will be like this: So much food for such a little body...
Old November 22, 2012, 01:30:18 PM
Regigigas

I ended up having Thanksgiving lunch at work, where they let us have a free meal during our break. It was fairly good, with typical Thanksgiving foods and a few non-typical ones [like steak and barbecue porkchops].

The only regret I have is there wasn't any deviled eggs...and none leftover from the lunch my family had ;~;
Old November 22, 2012, 01:30:35 PM

I had Thanksgiving quite early this year at 2 PM. The food was good since I ate plenty of turkey and stuffing. (I love stuffing!) Oh, I also had some pumpkin pie. Hope everyone else had fun today. Happy Thanksgiving! ^^
Old November 22, 2012, 02:40:45 PM
Giratina

Oddly enough, I also had a rather early Thanksgiving dinner because the turkey decided to be done cooking 3 hours early, so I ate dinner around 3:30 instead of the expected 5. Kinda glad because that meant I got to go home earlier than expected.
Old November 22, 2012, 03:38:12 PM
Volcarona

I've never had a Thanksgiving Dinner, but instead a Lunch... or Linner to be more exact. We ate at my grandparent's house around 2 pm then went for a little walk in the park before lazing around to watch the show "How It's Made". I kinda wondered off to play Pokemon Black 2 since it's too crowded for my tastes but we did enjoy all being together at least. When I got back home though... it appears as the weather has given me a 'welcome back' gift of a thunderstorm. Hooray. Mmm, but I cannot wait to have leftovers~ <3
Old November 22, 2012, 04:34:50 PM
Giratina

Woowee, I LOVE this holiday. It's one of 2 that I can't wait for every year, this and the 4th of July. Anyway, I went to Georgia for this Thanksgiving, and that's also my current location. It took a while for all this food to cook, and we had it late at around 5:30 PM instead of the usual 4, but MAN did the table have EVERYTHING. I'm still hungry for more macaroni even though I'm full... Now that I'm down off my food high, I think it's almost time for us to play our game of cards. (Don't know what kind, but it's usually Poker.)
Old November 22, 2012, 05:00:53 PM
Administrator

As predicted, we ate fairly early, around 1:30. Mmm, gotta love the potatoes and turkey. :3
Old November 22, 2012, 05:37:50 PM
Servine

I just got off the train and arrived back home! Time to finally relax for a few days and stuff my face!
Old November 22, 2012, 06:12:13 PM
Servine

*Before*
OMG~! I gotta work on Thanksgiving?! D:
This is nuts! >
I could have seen it coming, but working Monday-Friday, 8 hours a day, just because of the silly holiday, and not even getting holiday pay yet...? *Sigh*
Same old, same old with the family--Dinner at the step-grandparent's house...
This Thanksgiving isn't even gonna be that exciting... :/

-----

*After*
OMG~! This was the greatest Thanksgiving I could ever ask for~!
Work wasn't too busy, and we all tried to have a good time and actually make it last!
A lot of the customers weren't too itchy to get out of the store, either...! They wanted to stay and chat, too!
Our store manager felt a little bad that nobody got anything special put together for those that had to work, so he brought down some "store bucks," and bought lunch for everyone~!
When I got out of work, it was basically time for a nap... ^^'
After I finished dozing off a bit at home, we went to the step-grandparent's.
The food was already done, and we brought some pies and a cake for dessert~
The food was amazing, especially the stuffing (which has always been my favourite part xD )! My step-grandpa made the gravy to go along with the mashed potatoes, and boy was it good! Deviled eggs made by my step-aunt; always a kicker. ^^

Overall, a lot better than expected, especially when you're not sure what you're doing for a holiday, or even if you just plain have to work. :3
Old November 22, 2012, 08:50:16 PM
Administrator

Oh jeez...just, wow.
http://mashable.com/2012/11/19/mobil...-thanksgiving/

At least most of that is shopping and not "asocializing."

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 22, 2012 at 08:51:58 PM.
Old November 23, 2012, 05:23:21 AM
Volcarona

This Thanksgiving of mine was not very good. It might as well have the record for worst in my life.

Many guests had to leave horribly early, toddlers ruined things, among other reasons.