Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 14, 2011, 04:47:54 AM
Giratina

Default A short explanation on why people hate bronies

I have nothing against MLP. I'd watch it if I had enough spare time in between anime, VR, and videogames. It seems like a funny show about cuddly ponies that have magical powers and **** like that... which is basically what it is <.<

The real problem is the fans. Have you ever wondered why people hate furries so much? They drag their silly memes and pictures into everything they do, derailing entire forums (Worst case scenario), and alienating anyone who isn't one of them. That's what bronies do. Before I made the anti-brony rules, we had at least 5 threads completely derailed by these people. There were about 2 pages of ponies for me, and I'm on a 50PPP scale. Do you see why I had to get rid of this crap?

So, if anyone tells you they hate MLP, just say to yourself "Oh my god this is my fault I should just burn my computer and never touch the internet again"

BTW this also extends to Minecraft, Twilight (And similar series), most music, and star wars.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; August 23, 2011 at 08:13:29 AM.
Old August 23, 2011, 08:18:59 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post
BTW this also extends to Minecraft, Twilight (And similar series), most music, and star wars.
DUB
STEP
DUB-FRIGGIN-STEP

THEIR COMMENTS ON YOUTUBE.

Last edited by TheTreecko; August 23, 2011 at 08:19:44 AM.
Old August 23, 2011, 08:33:17 AM
Kyurem

Hey, uhh...

What's a brony? (I /wish/ I was trolling, mind you...)
Old August 23, 2011, 09:20:04 AM
Shaymin

one of the foul creatures of the multiverse known as the Internet.

Brony is the collective term for fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Old August 23, 2011, 09:35:48 AM
Haxorus

So he unlocked this.
Meh, continue.
Old August 23, 2011, 10:37:00 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
Hey, uhh...

What's a brony? (I /wish/ I was trolling, mind you...)
Awww freeze. =p I'm shocked ya don't know! No matter where ya go on the internet bronys cram there....uh...brony-ness down everyone throat. ._.

Weird i'm not one. I usually like cute things. '3'
Old August 23, 2011, 04:19:28 PM
Regigigas

Not all of the 'bronies' do this, hopefully you understand that?

Last edited by DashArmy; August 23, 2011 at 04:20:11 PM. Reason: corrected a run-on. god I hate run-on's
Old August 23, 2011, 04:27:27 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshArmy View Post
Not all of the 'bronies' do this, hopefully you understand that?
Yeah, because 1% good population is enough to make me feel bad about posting this.
Old August 23, 2011, 05:51:58 PM
Linoone

Thank you.
Old September 4, 2011, 10:48:02 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post
I have nothing against MLP. I'd watch it if I had enough spare time in between anime, VR, and videogames. It seems like a funny show about cuddly ponies that have magical powers and **** like that... which is basically what it is <.<

The real problem is the fans. Have you ever wondered why people hate furries so much? They drag their silly memes and pictures into everything they do, derailing entire forums (Worst case scenario), and alienating anyone who isn't one of them. That's what bronies do. Before I made the anti-brony rules, we had at least 5 threads completely derailed by these people. There were about 2 pages of ponies for me, and I'm on a 50PPP scale. Do you see why I had to get rid of this crap?

So, if anyone tells you they hate MLP, just say to yourself "Oh my god this is my fault I should just burn my computer and never touch the internet again"

True, a lot of people tend to hate furries because they won't stop telling the world that they are a furry. I am a furry myself, mind you, and I used to be just like that when I first joined the furry fandom, nowadays, I mostly keep the fact that I am a furry personal, and only bring it up when the situation is needed for me to discuss it, such as right now.

The same goes for when I myself became a brony, I started spamming the series everywhere I went, though I did it less than other bronies did, most of the bronies I know are quite nice, and are not extremely protective of the series. While it's not my FAVORITE cartoon series (that would be Avatar The Last Airbender), it is definetly ONE of my favorites, I'm just not one of those obsessive fanboys that worship the series.

Also, did you know that Sailor Moon still has an adult male fanbase, why don't people hate them? The answer: Just like my position in the furry fandom, the male Sailor Moon fans keep the fact that they like the show personal, and only bring it up when the situation is needed to discuss it. Bronies are not like that, they bring it up EVERYWHERE, especially when it's not needed to be discussed at all, and people quickly get annoyed by it, and then there are the bronies who bash everyone who doesn't like the show, let alone has NEVER HEARD OF IT, and people get annoyed by that as well. Needless to say, it tends to go out of control very frequently, and I understand...

Last edited by Masterge77; September 4, 2011 at 10:49:31 AM.